Now it irks me that the financial limits imposed on cards translates into either carrying large amounts of cash or finding a card that has higher spending limits. What happened to catering to the middle class consumer? Maybe that is not the majority of Malaysia, and thus so.
Now why do I say so?
I wanted to open a bank account in Malaysia, for the sake of recording my expenses and not leveraging on my previous bank account in Malaysia. One that suits my needs and not those of a child growing up here. Or perhaps, just to be a rebel and not follow Mama's instructions of using the same bank account.
I found one, that thought would be able to cater to my needs:
CIMB Bank AirAsia Savers Account
It has both ATM + debit card, the normal, 2-in-1 card in Singapore. And cus it is tied to Air Asia (I'm assuming I'll be using Air Asia or Jetstar to fly to Singapore), I thought it would be a good card to have.
The difference?
And in Singapore, if you make enough noise, they will waive quite a lot of things for you. Annual fee, closure of account fee, etc.
I did also find out that Maybank Master debit card allows Master spending up to RM5000 daily.
Malaysia, I thank you for constant improvement of retail banking choices, but I want more. Cater to your consumers! I am for a gradual cashless society, which comes with advancement of welfare of the country.
Now why do I say so?
I wanted to open a bank account in Malaysia, for the sake of recording my expenses and not leveraging on my previous bank account in Malaysia. One that suits my needs and not those of a child growing up here. Or perhaps, just to be a rebel and not follow Mama's instructions of using the same bank account.
I found one, that thought would be able to cater to my needs:
CIMB Bank AirAsia Savers Account
It has both ATM + debit card, the normal, 2-in-1 card in Singapore. And cus it is tied to Air Asia (I'm assuming I'll be using Air Asia or Jetstar to fly to Singapore), I thought it would be a good card to have.
The difference?
|
|
DBS
Capita Debit Card
|
CIMB
Air Asia Debit Card
|
|
Master/Visa
|
Master
|
Master
|
|
ATM withdrawal limit
|
Up to SGD3,000 daily
|
Up to RM5,000 daily
|
|
Master spending limit
|
Assume to be more than SGD2,000
|
Up to RM1,000 daily
|
|
Online transactions
|
Allow
|
Don’t allow
|
|
ATM/Debit card payment
|
No
|
RM8
|
|
Dongle (for internet banking)
|
Yes, free
|
RM65
|
|
Rewards points
|
When shopping at Capita Malls (fyi, includes ION
Orchard)
|
Earn BIG points (Air Asia)
|
|
Funds transfer to other local banks via internet banking
|
Yes, free
|
Yes, RM2 per transaction
|
|
Withdrawal from other bank’s ATM
|
Yes, SGD2 per transaction
|
Yes, RM1 per transaction
|
|
Availability of branch/ATM (excluding ATM in
branch)
|
Branch < ATM
|
Branch > ATM
|
And in Singapore, if you make enough noise, they will waive quite a lot of things for you. Annual fee, closure of account fee, etc.
I did also find out that Maybank Master debit card allows Master spending up to RM5000 daily.
Malaysia, I thank you for constant improvement of retail banking choices, but I want more. Cater to your consumers! I am for a gradual cashless society, which comes with advancement of welfare of the country.
0 comments:
Post a Comment