I will tread my journey onto working for 8 months with the first thought. I have a couple in mind. This one came about late Mar/early April.

I had the first appraisal then. From then, I realised one thing about working with people 5 days a week, for a period of time:
1. The true you surfaces. The good. And the bad.
The larger concern is definitely the bad part. You wouldn't want ex/current colleagues saying blabla about you. Two bad things I know about myself:

i. Constant lateness (yes yes, undeniable, but I think its changable)
I do not make it a point to come on time. Reason being on a personal level, I do not see a point in doing so. Does arriving at 855/900 make me more efficient? Maybe. But it does make me stressed having to arrive then. Am I physically needed to be there? No. Therefore, no point of discussion.

ii. I do not do as told, I do as believed
And that leads on to me discovering this about myself. That I would not do as told, unless I believe in it. Give me a reason to believe why this is good for the company, and good for me. Answer to my heart, and I'll work for you. I know...not good to go against what the boss/company says. But I am like that in nature. And don't intend to change this, unless, I see the necessity (which again, boils down to the fact that I need to believe what you say before doing it for you)

Ah. And there. Working life. As it is in my case.

What do you do? As always, put the bad aside, and change (if it can be changed, or have the will to)