现在我回到了Penang. I've a square box of thoughts and a flat box of feelings. This is a point to discuss in itself. I shall not focus on it, but on the past letters that I have flipped through 10 minutes ago.
I declare - I'm a hoarder. I hardly throw away things, I'm sure my close friends around me would know. I was forced to throw away more things while staying with grandpa/ma in Sg cus grandpa likes to create space, and rid of things, just like how Mama is like. Jie also does that, so I kinda just follow that style, to a much lesser extent.
Clearing up, clearing up. To make space for more things to come. I was free, and planned to clean up anyway. Knowing that the shelves outside contained lots of my stuff, I went digging through them, briefly.
The first shelf out of six...1/6. And I found all my letters from friends that I did not throw. As far back? As P6. I guess that's when people start writing in autograph books, and CNY greeting cards to each other (a whole load yes). 
And I sieved through, letters from everyone that I kept. Things that I did not even know existed, or put it in the part of my memory labeled - no point digging out. Something to that extent.
People as random as - my then love interest's love interest (I know it sounds complicated, but yes, a girl which an ex-bf liked after me, and whom I became friends with), other love interests (I want to put them aside. I don't want to remember them), Jie with my birthday cards and sent snail mails to me then with cute stickers and money, my dear friend from NZ (which, flipping through, saw the most number of letters. probably because you were the first to go overseas), Gwendol (I miss you), Wai Che whom I just saw this morn (a postcard, from Sg in 05, and which indicates, that she had knew my stuff since back then), a Christmas card from Yik Hung (I know, so random right), a draft of a speech, made at the graduation dinner in 05, and a mass card from loads of ppl, 18th birthday, from college, which had signatures of ppl from different places, high school friends, college mates (who back then, signed Happy Birthday Mummy already, plus Wei Jie, whom I still meet from time to time in Sg), and ex-boyfriend who wrote "this would not be the last". I wonder.
Letters stopped at 2007, when I left this place, and majority of ppl stopped sending letters here. Bulk of them in Sg. I think if I made a montage of all the postcards/cards, an archeologist/anthropologist would can graph out the life of this female teenager who studied in a Chinese female-only school in the 2000s. Putting myself as a statistic. 
Should I keep such things? Or sieve through those that I want to keep only? Maybe I should do as Morrie (in Tuesdays with Morrie), by just experiencing all the emotions at once, and put them all aside after that.