Short houses, a slow life, and having the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of things around you.
I think Perth is just blessed, the city itself.
Why can't China cities be like that?
Well first things first, they have their huge population. Australia's population is not even 1% of China's.
Then there's the European settlement. Some how, European settlements in Australia and NZ turned out for the better. And I wonder how "European" is the settlements. It seems more like "Great Britain" to me. No Spanish, France, Germany, Dutch etc. Please tell me if you know anything about this.
Interesting to see how history developed to bring Australia to where it is now. What is keeping Australia out of the recession now? Mining, milk...what else? Apparently, people here don't save much as well. Maybe they don't owe as high a debt as those in Euro countries.
The way people bring out themselves gives you a clue on how the society is like. Like their walking. Big strides. Their eyes. Tells stories.
So many more Asians than I thought there would be in Perth. I thought it should be homogenous, plus indigenous people. Cus China is like that...homogenous.
But how do you tell where a particular Asian is from? Look at their eyes. 眼神. And their gestures. You can tell. Just like how you can tell a China Chinese from a Singaporean in Singapore. Vice versa, if you are observant enough.
Met friends. Tell you about it another time. ;)
Ciao!
0 comments:
Post a Comment