我又要给你吃了一惊。。。可是现在就先保守这个秘密,呵呵。我觉得过了这一段日子,我还活在梦中。小妹/小姐,你睡醒了吗?可能就是会继续发梦,梦也变到日常生活的一部分。
Anyway, the thing I find interesting about China is that it's so big, that each part has its own culture. Beijing and Tibet are different. Guangzhou and Xi'an are different. Fuzhou and Wuhan are different. If you say whether there's one thing that identifies the whole of Chinese culture, I can't say which. Language is definitely one. Maybe the way the society is in general (only). But definitely not the thoughts, mannerisms and all. There are some well mannered Chinese around. There are cities which are more advanced than Singapore. Yet there are some which are so far backwards that you'll be appalled by what they know or don't know.
The general way we understand how things are done in China is different from the way the people do things within their country. Guanxi definitely still exists till today. But it's more than just guanxi. It's the way of thought, how women are treated (I think it's quite okay as compared to India), the collectivism yet competitiveness within the society...oh my. That's why I conclude that I'm more Western than I thought I was. I'm definitely not China Chinese, and don't adopt their way of thought.
Go to China and experience it yourself. You don't need to know Mandarin. ;)
Ah, I'm repeating some of my thoughts again. I'm still in the same stage in my dream. I'll see where next this dream leads me. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment