Maybe I should share a little on what I'm up to in Penang.

I go out less with friends as compared to the past times I came back home. Maybe it's because friends are not home yet, maybe it's because I have more time here and there is a lesser need to meet up so quickly or eagerly, or maybe I've just like to stay home more.

Anyway, I'll share the gifts of kindness that happen around me, and hopefully, are spread around.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cell group leader blessings

Auntie Annie and Uncle William are my cell group leaders. They're my cell group leaders before I left for Singapore for studies. They've always been very kind to me, understanding me and listening to me. I don't admire them with awe, the kind of awe where you are at a point of worshiping them - I admire them with all due respect.

Both of them are teachers, and have very humble backgrounds. Yet, what stuns me is their generosity and spirit of giving. They open up their house every Friday night for cell group, cooking everytime before cell group starts so that there's dinner for every member. Their house ain't big, but yet, the kampung spirit of sharing things is just to evident. Not showy, not to flaunt for any reason - just to share the joy of God. :)

As Auntie Annie is a counselor is school, she is great at handling children (or should I say teens/young adults) our age. She listens to my problems if I had any, and counsels me, giving me godly advice. As for Uncle William, he is the all so attentive husband, noticing small details. Now, since he has Facebook (oh my gosh, I think he's a cool Papa!), he messages me every now and then to ask how I'm doing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childrens’ Protection Society

Last Friday, our cell group was going to Children's Protection Society (CPS) to teach the children how to make Chinese lanterns! So cool! CPS is opposite my high school, haha. The cell group goes there every first Friday of the month to spend some time with them, to show them that they are loved. The CPS children are those who are abused, or whose parents are unable to take care of them in some way (financially, mentally or emotionally).

It was definitely a great experience for me. The children are just so cuuuuuttte! Not to mention not easy to handle. How impatient they can be! "Sister" this and "Sister" that (ya, they call me sister, or auntie =.=) I was handling this pair of twins - Hashim and Hassan. Oh my, how brothers can fight! It'll go like this:

Hassan: See! I only have 5 more to fold!
Hashim: Ha? I have 3 more only!

Hashim: Teacher! Look! he took my ang pau!

And well, obviously, Hassan is the cheekier one, ;). We helped them with the more difficult parts - sewing on the beads and the string to hang. Little did we realise that some of them made 2 to 3! They were only supposed to make 1! Ah, children....;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food blessings

Today, we went to Rifle Range (Jln Padang Tembak there, at Air Itam) to give out food supplies, to bless them in lieu of CNY. Those who stay in the one room flats in Rifle Range are quite pitiful, in my opinion. It makes you realise how much you already have, and makes you feel guilty for always wanting so much.

Those in the flats are either really old people (60 to 80s) or young kids. I think the young adults have their own places, those the demographics. When we step into their flat, there was hardly any space for anyone. 7 to 8 of us went. The whole size of the flat is similar to the size of my front porch. I'm not exaggerating. The TV is 1 meter away from them not because they want to watch the TV so closely, but because there is no space in the house. I think they do feel a little embarrassed asking us to come in, as there was very little space.

We passed them the bags of rice and some noodles, and prayed a few lines of blessings for them. I hope that those food supplies will be used by them...~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cute Didi

Oh my gosh. I have such a sincere and cute brother. He's not marred by the cruelty or insincerity or practicality of the world yet. This is what happened:

Didi: Today is Mrs. See (English tutor)'s birthday. I want to get a cake for her.
Me: Just give her "kam" la! It's enough already wat. (I was thinking a lady like her won't eat cakes...I'm being very practical here)
Didi: Wat la, so insincere. I want to get a cake for her la.
Me: Okay, okay. (Drives him to the cake shop)

On the way there...
Didi: How big a cake should I get?
Me: One piece la!
Didi: What about her husband?
Me: Ha, her husband don't need la!
Didi: Orh.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my gosh. He's soooo cute. Little things like this, really bring more hope and joy to the world. ;)