Now I know the reasons people come back home. It is home.

I went to the hairdresser today, and the hairdresser that did my hair worked in Singapore for 5 years before coming back home to Penang. Our starter convo begain like this...

Me: eh, how come you're different from others? Usually people would continue to stay in Singapore to advance their career...
Hairdresser: Ya, I know.
Me: Then why did you choose to come back to Penang?
Hairdresser: 家庭吗。(family ma)

At that point, I realise why there are reasons not to pursue what others are pursuing. It is, one of them being - family. Not the food, not so much the sense of familiarity, but family. Probably, the familiarity with the family.

Then at night, I went to buy a Chinese Bible, and there was this uncle in the shop...he mentioned that he lived overseas for 18 years, but choose to come home. He said "I may be an old school thinker, but this is still my home". I said "How about the politics?" and he said "Well, people may see that the grass is greener on the other side, but ... (a variety of reasons not wanting to go overseas, like the exchange rate) this is still my home.