I really had a great time meeting up with friends, catching up with them.


I think CY is right. There is something special about Penang friends. I don't think it's so much of the Penang thing, but rather, they are friends that you have grown up with, friends that went through certain experiences, be it good or bad, with you.

I'm glad that I met up with some individually, giving both of us the chance to talk to each other heart to heart. I'm soooo glad that some of my friends are back this year, and that I could meet up with them. I'm glad that I have a longer year-end-beginning-year holiday this year, so that I could catch up with friends mostly studying in Aussie.

I'm soooo glad that I met up with Kyloon, not just once or twice, but on various occasions to do stuff. He's my so-called "sonny", haha. I haven't met up with him in 2 years, and it felt great to see him again. I have to say that he has changed and improved a lot, and I'm glad to have him as a "son", haha.

I'm also touched by some friends, who take the time to meet up before all of us leave. I'm also touched by certain things that friends said/did, which made by day, or rather, my week.

Yup, and high school friends, not to forget. I shan't name anyone here, lest anyone gets jealous. :P But whoever I have met up with, I am glad that I met up with you, or see you, even if we didn't talk. It's just nice to see that you're still alive and at least on the surface, doing well.

It was great catching up with Huihui and Bao Xing today. I don't know, it's just the simplicity of how the outing was, and what dreams we shared. Not so much of talking about the world, how cruel it is, how much we fear for the future, but talking about what we did in the past 3 years, and looking forward to the future. (Random: I tell you, Huihui has a good photographic memory!) I can feel the hope inside that girl, bringing light to the people whom she's around. :)

Yup, and also a chance to celebrate Miss Sin's birthday. I think it's great to be able to celebrate a 21st birthday with someone that you're close to. :)

Oh ya, there's Cze Yang too...he contacted me once he came back to Penang...he always does so (without fail so far), every year. I wondered to myself, what is keeping this friendship together? What is the glue? Some friends, you just lose track of where they are after some number of years...I mean, he has been in Australia for 4 years already. When we're not in Penang, we generally do not contact each other. But when we are in Penang, we hang out. I'm totally fine with that. Anyway...back to the question...what is keeping our friendship together? Thinking about it, I think its the commitment that both of us have. We know that we want to catch up, and make it a point to do so. Thanks so much. :)

As of now, these are the people that I can remember. I'm very sorry if I've missed out your name. Nonetheless, thanks everyone, for showing me the warmth and care that I have missed out when I was away. ;)