Was having a conversation with my dear friends yesterday at Winter Warmers. KK being himself, started his own topic, on New Year resolutions. Not that this thought didn't come into my mind, but I've thought about it, and decided that there's less/no point making them.

I've read a comment by the star Michelle Yeoh a few years back. She was asked this question:"What are your new year resolutions?" And she said:"I have none. I don't believe in them. Resolutions should be done throughout the year."

Now, growing older, I understand what she said, and agree with it.

Resolutions should be made constantly - change when you're convicted to do so. For example, if you're convicted to forgive someone in May, you won't wait till the next year to make it a resolution will you? You'll do it immediately. But as I know, this is not the normal resolution people have. People usually make losing weight their new year resolution. This goal is made at the start of the year - when you're all fresh and motivated to become a better person for the whole year. But is it sustainable? Can your thoughts that you have now, at the beginning of the year, be maintained at the same state till Dec 31st? For me, I doubt I can. At least, for losing weight.

Nonetheless, what I do is not to make new year resolutions at the beginning of the year, but make sure that I end my year well. Make sure that I'm a better person, start of the new year better. During the last few days of the year, I'll reflect and review the past year, and see whether my future self would regret anything I've done/not done. For those things that I've regretted doing, I'll find ways to correct it. Immediately. For those things that I regret not doing, I'll do it. Before the year ends.

All these, are probably due to constant reflection done throughout the year. When it reaches the end of the year, there's only a few more things left to do.

So far, this has been working for me.

But maybe it's just me. Maybe, new year resolutions do work, for you.