I think I just became a housewife today. O my. I can't believe it.

This is what happened. The previous maid ran away. Therefore, we have been hiring temporary maids for the past month. The temporary maids only come for 5 hours a day. If I'm not wrong, they come 6 days a week. It's pretty costly I must say, more costly than hiring a permanent maid.

Since they come only for 5 hours, that means that there are other chores that we have to do ourselves.

My parents are on a KL tri, from Wednesday to Friday, and my sis just went back to Semenyih (ulu land!) a few days ago. Thus, I'm HOME ALONE with my bro!

My mum does half of the house chores. She puts the clothes into the washing machine in the morning. Then she'll ask one of us to hang the clothes later when she goes to work. My bro is the one who usually does it, but he has exams now, so I'm the one who stays at home, doing chores.

So I woke up today, and after breakfast, I washed the clothes! (Okay, that wasn't that hard, it's just putting clothes inside the washing machine) Then I hung the clothes after that! Not too long after that was lunch time (yay, I can wake up late, haha!) So being free from appointments today, I cooked lunch for myself. I think it sucked - I did many things wrong, like not boiling the tang hoon before frying. =.= It ended up being so sticky! But oh well, I just ate it, I cooked it anyway.

In between I manage to read some pages of Burnt Shadows. This is my hobby as a housewife, haha!

Then I had to pick my "son" up! My bro finish school at 330pm, and I had to go pick him up. I waited at the school gate - like some mum or smth. Aiks. But oh well. It was quite refreshing to be back in school again (with a reversal/observer role this time round!)

Then I went to run my errands after that. T_T

That went on for a few hours. After that, I came back home and persuaded my bro to buy dinner with me despite him having exams - I was lonely! Buying dinner would be a better option as there are only 2 of us - no point cooking and making a mess in the kitchen with so much to wash up after that (that was what happened in the afternoon, heh)

After dinner, I had to wash up, with help from my bro. Throw the rubbish, put the green MPPP tong outside the house, collect the letters from the mail box, buy bread...

The rest not done - ironing, washing the toilet, the curtains, bedsheets, mopping the floor...were done by the temporary maid.

Just so you know (I think many people know anyway) I don't do house chores. Nope not even in Singapore. Heh. This is such a GREAT improvement! I feel like I'm starting to learn to be independent and prepare to live myself! Haha!

I thank God for this timely opportunity, preparing me for living a life by myself. :)