Today. Today is the day, where it spells of me staying in Singapore for a full 2 years (already). So now's the time to be sombre and reflective of what I've been through. :P
I thank God, for what he has brought me through in general. The courses that I undertook, the friends that I made, the breakthroughs made, the heartaches, pain, and of course, joy and happiness and peace.
I went through breakthroughs, learning to assume leadership roles, learning how to manage relationships, and learning how to manage my own emotions. I have some how become not-so-emo, maybe cus I legally grew out of adolescence, or maybe I have just learnt how to manage my emotions better, or possibly, God has took away the long-standing burdens that I have in me. I still do have, but I know, I'm still work in progress, and would one day be free to be me.
Many things have happened in the past year, and through it, I've learnt. I've learnt who I've grown close to, who I can crap with non-stop and still talk about serious stuff, who I quarrel with every now and then but make up after 1 minute and who I come to love and care for, because of the similar hardships that I went through and the open heart they have.
I thank God for my mentors, whoever they are, in a small way or the other, teaching me how to become a better person, holding my hand along the way, and showing me that I'm still worthy to be helped. Each person comes along in my life, touches me and leaves a mark in me. So each of those people are my mentors, loosely speaking.
I thank God, for making this ruthless, selfish land into a place where I can learn. Learn to love and embrace you guys.
All these people, I think you know who you are. Many of them, who have appeared in my blog the rare times I post pictures. Thank God for all of you. We'll see where God brings us next in our friendship. :)
But the biggest person that I have to thank, would be my sis. For enduring my ever so firery tongue, always pouncing on anything that she does wrong, always requesting her to do things for me, due to my dependence on her and to an extent, selfishness. For being meek, and humble, and not raising your voice, even when you well so could, seeing the way I treat you. But do forgive me, I have a lot to learn, in terms of loving those who care the most for me. You know it, and God does too. Thank God for a sister like you. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment