Yay. MAJOR presentation over. Now I have time to blog about the birthday surprise!
So this was it. Around a week and a half before my birthday. I was staying up quite late, doing assignments, projects and all, and things took a toll on me when I felt quite sick. I had to rest one day in bed, as I lack of sleep, had fever and flu. Nonetheless, I was glad that Rachel called me up on Sunday (7/3) to ask me out for dinner on the next Sunday (15/3). We have not met up in quite awhile, and it would definitely be great catching up. Nonetheless, I kinda already suspected something, as it is not her nature to call up to ask how I'm doing.
For the next week, I just had homework after homework after homework swarming up over my head (and currently still do have). I think I took the last bus back (12am bus) around 3 out of 5 days for that week! So terrible...=S I put the meeting up with Rachel at the back of my mind, cus I had no time and capacity to think about it.
Nonetheless, for that week, I detected hints (or not-so-hints but obvious declarations) from people around me. Sa asked whether I was closed to Isaac, and Xian Jin asked whether I would have a birthday celebration, and hinted that some friends wanted to celebrate for me! The most obvious one was Mervyn, when he said (not hinted) that Victor is organising something for me. Mervyn also ask whether I would be free on Sunday (how more obvious can it get than that)?
Oh well, for the next 2 days, Saturday and Sunday, I really had a strong feeling that I was not going to meet up only with Rachel, but have some other friends like Sa, Adele, Yun Hui, Victor to celebrate my birthday with me on Sunday night.
On Sunday itself, I felt quite nervous actually. Probably because I did not know what to expect at night. Nonetheless, I met up with Rachel at around 6.30pm at Citylink mall, where she suggested to go to NYDC for dinner. I nonchalantly agreed, as I wasn't feeling well that day (terrible, I'm really not taking care of myself).
I was super nervous, excited then. Was there going to be others when we reach there? Who would be there, and what would they do? It was around a 15 to 20 min walk there. Rachel acted pretty normal. More and more, I felt that there was just going to be me and her. She talked about normal stuff, asked me about Sa as if she hasn't seen her in a long time, asked about shopping...and all that time, I did not notice that she was actually holding her handphone, smsing the other people who were celebrating with me! She was superb at stalling time (some were late), by suggesting that we go into a clothes shop, to look around. I totally didn't suspect that she was stalling time as the clothes shop offered those of her taste!
And yes, so I was darn right surprised when we reached there, and saw so many people there! All of whom were my close friends in Singapore. The most surprising one would be Chia Ping, as he's not really in my clique of those friends, but nonetheless whom I'm close to.
Poor Adele! Had to push her down so that I could take a picture with Tai Wei...haha!
She has thousand and one expressions...and I have hundreds of them in my comp! One day, I'll make a collage of all those expressions...=P
But I was truly touched, to know that that one person who initiated the surprise, truly know how I would like my birthday celebration to be. It is rare that you find someone who knows you, understands you, and whom you feel comfortable with. I really thank him for organsing it: for calling up my close friends whom are only his acquiantances, from finding out what I needed and therefore got everyone to give me a Bible for my birthday present, for booking the dining place, asking someone to bring a guitar to play the Birthday song, and whatever else that went behind the scenes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment