I love receiving birthday cards from my lovely friends whom I've grown up with. It seems that as the days past, the size of the card/present gets bigger and bigger!

There were many physical gifts that I received from friends these past few days, and also cards from my Penang friends. If I have the time, I would blog about ALL the presents that I receive. But for now, I will just mention two.

I was tired, coming back from school at 12 plus am, taking back the last bus and relieved that my presentation was over. I just wanted to wash up, go to my computer to email people, and go to sleep. I crept into my sister's bedroom to get my clothes, and went upstairs to the room I sleep in, placing my bag there before going for my shower.

I saw this CD and a small card on the table, but wanted to look at it after my shower, so that I could enjoy reading the card and looking at the present. Nonetheless, I took a peek and saw that it was from my sis and her boyfriend. And guess what was it...a PRINTER, with the installation CD!!! Hahahaha....they got it for me because I always print a lot of notes for my classes. The current printer is in my sis's room, and I wouldn't be able to use it when she sleeps (which is often, as I always sleep late and she's always sleeping earlier than me). It is a printer that can print double sided automatically. Appreciate it Jie! :)

From Jie & Kao

Printer...I found it under the table!

I also saw this box on my table...and wondered whether it was the printer. Then I saw this handwriting on the box, which did not look like my sis's. Instead, it looked like some familiar handwriting that I will see on a card in every few months. The "Airmail" sticker on the box confirmed that the box was from someone overseas. I was soooo excited!!! He told me that he'd be very busy during this period of time, despite this being his first few weeks of school. He also said that cus it's his busy period, he may not be able to get me anything. But I kinda insisted that he had to send me a postcard, haha.
Familiar handwriting

Therefore, I excitedly tore off the scotchtape that was on the box. It was pretty hard to, as it was neatly intact. I used some time to do so, and because I did not want to tear off the part which had his handwritings, I had to rush downstairs and get a scissors to cut the scotchtape. I rushed back up to my room, cus I wanted to open the present where I feel comfortable.

Then, I saw a postcard (yay yay yay!), a piece of paper that had written words on it, and a present in a form of a square box. I opened up the piece of paper, and was joyous and relieved when I saw the name written on it. My queries on the sender have been confirmed! =)))

I wanted to open the present before I read the note. Therefore, I took up my present. The present was also wrapped up. It had the paper-liked wrapper and also the transparent one, both with scotchtape. I was sooo excited, and wanted to take a look at my present without fully tearing off the scotchtape. But it was difficult to open the box, so I had to calm myself down, slowly tear off the scotchtape for both layers, and open the box.

Actually, I already knew what the present was, because the description of the parcel was stated outside the box - mug. But when I saw the words on the box - quotable mugs, I was very excited. I looove quotes, and wondered whether there would really be quotes on the mug, and if so, what was that quote.
Mug!

When I took it out, this was what I saw:
Peace does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, no trouble or hard work.
Peace means to be in the midst of those things
and still be calm in your heart.
(unknown)

Yes, a quote that I need. I felt joy, excitment and peace all at the same time. I pulled out the present, and boy, was it a lovely one. Not because of the mug, but because of the words on it.

Then, I went to read the note. I was super duper touched, and happy, and excited, while reading the note. He really knows me so well.

Suddenly, I felt all that I've done, all that I'm doing now - the efficiency, the tasks, the effort that I have to make to keep in touch with people, were torn down. Nothing could get more direct than what he said. Nothing more I needed, then the Peace which he mentioned.
Yes, childish we were! But both of us have grown, have changed, and have gotten so used to each other's personality and idiosyncracies. Reflecting on these years, both of us have really changed. You, for that matter, wouldn't have taken the effort to get me a present if it was a few years ago, isn't it? And now, when we're thousands of miles apart, you went out, got a present, got our mutual friend to share it, searched for a postcard, got the present wrapped, packing it all up and airmailed to me!! Just like how no amount of words can describe that Peace that only can be felt by the heart, no amount of words can describe how truly touched I am.

Thanks so much my lovely friend, for all these years. I would definitely want to be by your side during your birthday, but many many miles separate us apart. We'll see how it goes okay?

And thanks for your last line. I shedded a tear or two after reading your letter!

Although no amount of words can describe how I feel, I think you do know how I feel. I don't need to mention it, yet you know. It has always been this way, hasn't it? :)

Thanks so much.