I'm sorry to those friends in Penang that I didn't notify. I was back for CNY from last Thursday to this Tuesday, which was yesterday. If I do tell you guys/gals that I'm back, I tend to have the urge to go out with you guys/gals (cus I love you all! =P) But I decided that this time round, I wanted to stay at home/by my family's side, since it's CNY.
I want to comment a little on my title. It's ironic in a way. Why do I say so? To go back to a place means that you originated or come from that place. But clearly, those who read my blog are close friends, who know that I don't exactly come from Penang. (Yes, my status is best defined as lying in between the boarder of Singapore and Johor...=P)
All this while, my parents, younger siblings and I would come down from Penang to Singapore to celebrate CNY with my mum's family. There are those rare years though, where we spend CNY in Penang, with no one travelling from the two sides. But my parents and younger siblings came to Singapore in December last year, so my mum decided that it isn't wise for the 4 of them to come down to Singapore again. She says that it's very costly. (though I seriously doubt her wisdom in saving money at times...I think that no matter what the cost, the benefits of spending time with your love ones outweighs a 100 million times the material $ spent). Therefore, she suggested that I go back to Penang, as I have always celebrated CNY with them, whether it is in Penang or Singapore.
And so, after much deliberation, I took a bus back on Wednesday (thank God that I could arrange my classes in a way so that I could go back earlier!), and came back to Singapore last night.
And so, getting back to my main point...what is going back? I have to say that although I have pretty much settled down in Singapore, it is always great to be in Penang again. The familiarity, the people, the atmosphere...all of these are things that appeal to my heart. More than just going back to Penang, it's going back into the arms of those who I love, and who love me too. =D
It definitely is a different experience going back to Penang, and I guess I wouldn't mind doing it again if I have to. But do forgive me if I don't tell you...it's because I love all of you a lot. =D
3 comments:
hey PQ! oh, so u're back in sg! i was juz wondering if u're still here spending time with ur family. glad that u're back safe & sound =) hahaha...Happy Chinese New Year to u!! ;)
I would ALWAYS come back to Penang for CNY. Nowhere beats the festive mood out of Penang, even in Taipei. One thing though - the heat was getting more and more unbearable. Or maybe it is because I'm getting used to the Taiwanese cold.
Happy CNY!
Hey EeLin! Yea, I'm back, to this island down south. Back to school...bleah. But still doing good, heh.
When will you be going back to Adelaide? Treasure your time in Penang!
Hey Jun Yi, hmm, I guess it's the familiarity and the people in Penang that contributes to the festive mood in Penang eh? hee. Haha, yea, the heat was pretty bad...not to mention humid. It was even more humid that Singapore! So it's definitely not the Taiwan thing. =)
Post a Comment