I think it's time to blog about my lost phone. (Yes, no surprise =.=)
It was Tuesday night, when I was taking a cab back from Changi Airport to my gong gong's house. I took out my phone in the airport, changed my SIM card from my Malaysian number to the Singtel one, and went into the cab when it came. I sms-ed a few people, and went to sleep in the cab. When I woke up, I was around a minute away from the house. I took out my handphone, and sms-ed again (I don't like to sms in general, but it's a good way of communicating). I paid the cabbie and hopped of the cab, happy that I can sleep at last.
I used around an hour to unpacked my bag, and wanted to sleep after that. I had to wake up early the next day, so I wanted my handphone with me. But I couldn't find it! I wasn't surprised (yes, I'm numb to losing things), but nonetheless, tried to search for it. My sis helped me look for my phone too, and asked me whether it could be in the cab. I told her no, and continue finding. She asked me again, and got me a little gan cheong. I gave up finding my phone, and called it. And it rang! But I couldn't hear the rings...darn phone. I put it on silent at times, but I knew that it wasn't that day cus I heard my usual "coin drop" sound for my smses when my phone was still with me.
My sis got me so gan cheong that I called the cab company to help me find my phone. There are a few cab companies in Singapore. I couldn't remember ANYTHING about the cab. The driver's name, the car plate...but I thought that the car colour was beige, so i went to call the company that had beige cabs. And they were sooo kind! They helped me issue a notice to all cabs to help me find my phone. =D They even updated me 20 minutes to tell me that they couldn't find my phone yet, heh.
The next day, I got up early for school and tried calling my handphone. But the recorded voice on the other line said "this number is not available". It got me scared. Maybe my phone is really lost, and someone threw out my SIM card and use my phone! Shucks. Nonetheless, I couldn't bother about my handphone at that time cus I had to go to school.
I bought 2 boxes of tau sa piahs from Penang for my 2 friends, Isaac and Mervyn, who wanted them. I brought them to school, and after class, I went to the usual Group Study Room that they all usually are in. (Group Study Room's are small rooms for discussion. We use it to gather people and talk. =P) I didn't have my handphone with me, so I had to borrow Shuang Han's handphone to message the 2 guys. Bleah. I went home after that to sleep. (Yay! Naps are rare, hahaha)
After I woke up, I decided to pray and talk to God. I felt a bit xien, and I knew that I had to talk to Him to make myself feel better. I prayed, and read these verses which spoke to me.
James 1:6-8
At night, I wanted to call Singtel to cancel my line. I was afraid that anyone who has my handphone now would use it to dial international numbers, spiking my bills. I called, and alas, the oh-so-tedious process of "Press 1, for English. Press 2, for Mandarin." irritated me to bits. The pressing thing continued for 4 to 5 steps!! Darn Singtel customer line.
But it was a blessing in disguise. If not, I would have cancelled my line! Because Singtel irritated me, I stopped calling it, and tried calling my phone again... and it could get through! But no one picked up though. Not long after that, I receive an email from Isaac, asking me whether I lost my phone. He said he tried calling my handphone numerous times (the guy doesn't pick up on the first ring), and finally some guy picked up. The guy asked the owner to call him back. I was thrilled, and tried calling my phone. The guy didn't pick up. After that, Shuang Han called my housephone, telling me what Isaac said. It was sooo thoughtful of Shuang Han to call me. She had to call Sa for my number, heh.
After that, I tried calling my phone again. The guy picked up on the 2nd time, and guess what...he was the cab driver who sent me back the night before!! I asked him to return my phone to me ASAP. He said that I should pay him, and of course, I willingly obliged.
Not long after that, the cab driver came and return me my phone. And guess what... the cab colour was red! I called the wrong taxi company!!! Yes, I know, I'm blur to the max. =S
I really thank God that He found my phone again. I think God used this experience to show me that He can be trusted. And truly, He can be. =)
3 comments:
oh thank God! =) lol..but really, can't blame u for not remembering the colour of the cab cause not many ppl actually notice it. plus u were tired, right? but anyway, phew!! ;)
Hahaha! Really? Not many people notice it? In Singapore, there's blue, red, beige, yellow, orange, and don't know what other colour of taxi...all colours are quite loud, so I thought that a normal person would realise it...hahaa!
Yea, but phew, thank God that's found. =)
cause i studied cognitive psychology last sem & apparently if u dun focus ur attention on something, u won't remember the details. diff ppl direct their attention on diff things. so for u, i guess u juz wanted to rest in the taxi right? LOL
Post a Comment