Ahh....the joy of watching sports with a friend. Now that I have felt it, I truly understand the necessity for guys to glue themselves to the TV, ignoring their girlfriend at times. But of course, that is an extreme case. Nonetheless, ahh... the joy. =D
Today was the men's final for Australian Open, and since it is the match between the two greatest players in the world, I had to watch it. My grandparents canceled the sports channel, so I had no choice but to seek other options.
And so, the birth of my plans...heehee.
My sis said that she briefly watched a tennis match that was playing yesterday while she was at BlooiE's at The Rail Mall for lunch. (BlooiE's is a restaurant cum pub.) So that got me thinking, and ta-da, that's how tonight's plan came about.
What's tonight's plan? Hmm, I really wanted to watch the match, and I didn't go out for the weekend, and did my studying, so I thought that it is OK to take a break. I smsed my tennis buddy and asked him whether he wanted to watch the match. He said OK (Yay!), and so we met at BlooiE's. I jogged there, out of physical necessity, and also the necessity to do something totally random in life. =)
It took me 25 mins, and it was a nice jog. I met him there, and that started our 4 hour long gluing our eyes in front of the TV affair. It was already the 2nd match when we reached, and boy, was it exciting! There were a few ang mohs there already, shouting at every point each player made, which added onto the atmosphere of the match. We didn't get a very good seat, and had to strain our necks while watching.
We moved into a more comfortable place, where we were directly in front of the TV. The match was darn gan cheong throughout, with both players hitting winners here and there. Oh gosh! How exciting! I was gripping at the end of my seat, with each hit. I could think of nothing or see nothing, but the ball. I sided with Fed, and was darn disappointed when he didn't play a point well, and was shouting with joy and clapping away when he hit winners.
My friend ordered wine for us after awhile, and boy was it good! It added to the tension and atmosphere, haha. Soft wine, sweet and fruity, with a warm feeling as you sip it down...the wine definitely helped, as the air con was blowing directly at us.
We sat there for quite some time, with more people coming in. Some to see the match, some just to have dinner. Nonetheless, each person who came in would definitely have a glance at the TV. We were at BlooiE's for around 4 hours, till the end of the match. I was disappointed, but nonetheless, a great match.
My friend accompanied me back after that, and we took a nice, 40 min stroll. (That's what happens when you don't have a car in Singapore. Besides, it was windy and nice.)
As an economist, I have to weigh my costs and benefits...
So if I didn't go, what we would be my costs?
Staying at home for dinner: $0.
Feeling the joy of watching the match: -1000 times
And since I did, the costs are...
Having dinner with a friend while watching the match: $25++
Feeling the oomph of the match: Priceless.
=D


0 comments:
Post a Comment