I'll have a few posts about Penang, so here are the first 3...one should read from bottom up.
My family and I celebrated my dad's birthday on the 21st of Dec. We went to this Bulgarian restaurant in Tanjung Bungah...the food there was not bad, heh.
But about my dad...I really love him, but sometimes, fail to express it. It's the way I communicate. And how in the past, I wasn't shown how to communicate well and properly to my parents. Ok, not really because of that...but because I held soo much anger towards my parents last time. Long story. And I shan't elaborate here.
He's always cared for me more than anyone on Earth. Though he has a temper, he's a man with words of wisdom. He's usually silent, but when he does speaks-whoa, you wish you can write down everything he said, because every thing seems important for you to know. Ever since I left for Singapore, our relationship has improved-and yes, I do agree that absence makes the heart fonder. Not just that, it is also because 我长大了. I've learnt a lot, about life, about people about love. I don't usually express all of what I've learnt through my blog, but it's rather, when you talk to me, you'll realise that I've changed. For the better.
He always speak words of affirmation to me, knowing that I have low confidence in them and at times, don't feel good about myself. He knows when to keep shut and when to talk, and knows how to handle me very well. (I'm a troublesome person to deal with, haha) There are a few times when I called from Singapore, and I was quite distress, complaining about my projects. But he just keep quiet, and allowed me to complain. He didn't say anything, and we said our goodbyes. The next night I call him, he'll ask whether I'm better, and I usually would be.
When I left Singapore this time, I didn't end my communication with my dad and with my family on a good note. I sulked. I am sorry, but I know that things had to be that way. I couldn't bring myself to say sorry. =S If I did say, I'll feel like a hypocrite, cus that wasn't how I exactly feel. Heh. It takes time for me to learn my lesson. Well, at least things didn't turn for the worst. I will make it a point next time to spend more time at home. =X
So yea, this is my dad, a very respectable and lovable person. And he's an old man now, hahaha...senior citizen? =P And of a 5-year-old child? You tell me dad. =P
1 comments:
beautiful post!! =)
Post a Comment