WARNING: Long post ahead about the subject title. But nonetheless, necessary.
I manage to catch up with my high school friends, some individually, some as a group. But the largest gathering of high school friends that I went for when I went back this time was during Wai Che's birthday. I purposely didn't schedule anything that day, just so to be with her. She's a great friend of mine, and we friends know that you will do well with the love of your family and friends. =D
We went to Sakae Sushi in Gurney Plaza in the new wing to have lunch. It was a fun time, just laughing and sharing with each other. I was sitting with Kwan-Lyn and Min Zhao, so I was talking to them the most. One by one, more people started to come, and this is the Sakae Sushi gang that day:
Birthday cake 1-Coffee cake
Gift to the birthday girl =) They got her a bag which has a laptop compartment
Outside Sakae. Khang Ning(most right) is the only guy there. =P (He's our primary school friend, and has known Wai Che for 14 years already!)ALL of us study in a different place of learning now. At least 10 different institutions. But what draws us back? It is the beauty and love of friendship that draws us back again and again, everytime, and we never get bored of it, because there's just so much to say. And there's more to being together than the words exchanged. It's the silence that we have with each other, knowing that we will always be friends, and also wanting more moments together. =)
After the movie, we went to Wai Che's house, to continue our gathering. Cool that we can do this in Penang eh? In Singapore, it's some how not the culture to go to each other's houses, let alone go to each other's house to do stuff.
Birthday cake 2-Cheesecake
Before the night ended...1st row, L to R: Rhian, Chen Yi, Yi Mui, Jia Weih, PQ, Gwen2nd row, L to R: Sue Xian, Ee Lin, Wai Che, Xu Wen, Xin Yi and Min Zhao
Gwen and Yi Mui joined us after their work...it was rather late, but they still made it a point to come...the magnet that friends are, haha.
What can I say...I love them to bits. :* And we'll meet up again and again and again...and even if we don't, we WILL keep in touch. And even if we don't, we'll still be friends, FOREVER, because we remain as friends in each others' hearts, ain't I right? =D



0 comments:
Post a Comment