I went back to Penang last week-by airplane.
AirAsia.
AirAsia doesn't operate the Singapore-Penang route, due to the agreement between M'sia and S'pore and the main air carriers...haih. Anyways, I like AirAsia-when the flight doesn't delay.And I'm glad, that my flight didn't delay that day!
I checked-in online the day before, so that I wouldn't need to rush so much the next morning.
Anyway, it was a 10.35am flight(note the "am"), from Senai Airport in Johor to Penang. I had to reach Senai Airport at least 45 minutes before the flight time. I rised up at 6 am, to get myself ready to cross the bridge to Kota Raya bus terminal in Johor Bahru, and then from there, take a shuttle bus of cab to Senai Airport.
I left my house at 720am, with just my backpack with me(no luggage! I have enough clothes in Penang to survive a few days), and took the 170 bus cross the Straits. Man, there was a traffic jam there. Luckily it wasn't a heavy traffic jam. If there were a heavy traffic jam, I would still make it in time to the airport, nevertheless, there's the risk of being late for my flight, and AirAsia doesn't wait for you. It'll flight off, even if you're just a second late.
At 845am, I reached Kota Raya bus terminal. It takes about 40 minutes to reach Senai Airport from there. I was afraid that I couldn't reach the airport 45 minutes before time, cus of my frequent experiences of being late and the nagging I got from my parents. And so, I took a cab that cost RM40!!!! The shuttle bus would have cost RM8. Haih.
I reached the airport at 920am. Ample time before my flight! Haih. Nevermind. At least by taking cab I was assured of the peace of reaching the airport on time.
I bought some Dunkin Donuts, and w/o checking-in any luggage, I walked into the departure gate. I checked-in the night before, remember? Haha.
This is the process that I have to go through when I board the airplane if I took a normal carrier (ie MAS, SQ):
1. take newspaper to read
2. board the plane
3. shown seat by air steward/air stewardess
4. air steward/air stewardess helps me store my hand-carry in compartment
5. settles down
6. given hot towel
7. other blas
This is the process I have to go through when i take AirAsia:
1. board the plane
2. store hand-carry in compartment myself
3. settles down
I personally don't need all the services that normal carriers offer. Haihz. Don't wanna be paying for services that I don't want.
Nevertheless, the normal carriers now are having promotions that push the prices of air tickets down, despite the rising fuel prices. The price may be almost the same as budget carriers. So shop carefully for before you purchasing your air ticket!
Note to self: NEVER try travelling via Senai Airport to Penang from Singapore. It may not be dangerous in broad daylight, but the hassle and the risk is not worth the money saved. =X
0 comments:
Post a Comment