I was really blessed by yesterday's church service. I was really sleepy then, but the message preached by my senior pastor was relevant to every believer that was in the chapel.

The message preached was on "Heart of Worship". He first questioned us:"What does the word 'worship' mean?" He went down to the floor, and asked some of the believers who were in the service. One said that worship meant glorifying God. Another said that worship meant that it was giving service to God and loving God. These were the various answers, which are correct. We show our worship to God in different forms, by glorifying Him, serving Him and loving Him. But truly, what is the essence of worship?

My senior pastor, Pastor Dom, then used the verses from John 4:19-24 to preach the message. The verses were an excerpt of the conversation Jesus had with the Samaritan woman, who went to draw water at the well in mid day.

What does worship mean?

Worship is men's response to who God is.

Yes, in essence, worship means how we feel towards God, the things that we tell God which comes from our heart. No lies, no pretentions. Those are not real responses to God. The answer is so clear. Christianity is not a religion with a set of dos and don'ts. Rather, being a believer of Jesus means having a relationship with our Heavenly Father.

From those verses, the phrase "worship the Father" was repeated 3 times. I guess this shows the importance of worshiping the Father, in spirit and in truth.

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I'm searching for my identity in Christ. And I am finally seeing a glimpse of it. I didn't mention this before, but I was having counselling sessions with my pastor for the past 2 months. I feel so grateful that through those sessions, I am slowly being released from the burdens and bondages from my past. They don't have such a strong hold on me anymore. I have come to acknowledge that I am a child of God, not just a person He created.

Thank you God, for giving the priviledge to know you in Person. You are my Shepherd, my Creator. Above all, you are my Father. I can now relate to You as Your precious child.