I'm glad to say that I am in the process of overcoming the hurdles in my life. God is a God who holds me in His arms. He is big, and He can cover all my problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a sleep cycle. Each of us go through it 5 or 6 times if we sleep 8 hours.


That is why sometimes,although you sleep 7 hours and you wake up using an alarm clock, you can still be tired, because the moment when you wake up may be when your body is in the Stages 3 & 4 of the sleep cycle. Your sleep cycle is not complete. And if you only sleep 6 hours, you can be wide awake when you wake up because you went through complete sleep cycles.

I also learn that our body has internal body clocks. If we use an alarm clock to wake up, that means that there is a possibility that our mind & body will be woken up when we are still in the Stages 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the sleep cycle. However, if we tell ourselves the night before we sleep that we will wake up at 6am for example, there is a high chance that we will wake up at 6am. Well, provided that you sleep enough, at least 6 to 7 hours, for that night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was my last BGS class, and I was talking to this guy called Don in my class. He's way older than most of the Year 1s, and I dare to say that what he told me today was words of wisdom.

Don: Wah, I have a lot of project to do...haih, IS undergrad, what to do.
*IS is short for Information Systems*

Me: If you could turn back time, would you still come into SMU?

Don: *thinks for awhile* umm...yes, I will. See ah, I don't understand why some people just quit school. There are so many people who want to get into SMU but cannot enter. One in don't know how many people can enter here. I feel lucky that I can enter SMU. I think those who enter SMU have certain expectations about the school, and when their expectations are not reached, they quit school.

Me: Hmm, what do you mean when you say that their expectations are not achieved?

Don: Some students expect certain courses to be like that and like that. But when they come in and find out that the courses are like wah, have so many projects to do, have such a high workload, then they just decide to quit school. *Implies that we should continue studying even if we have a hard subject* I think that some students to day are pampered. Not that I want to say something about it, but I think I am old enough (I sniggered) to give that level of judgement.

So cute. He's 29 this year. He studied in UNSW for one year. I think he played too much, and then he dropped out after that...but he's a person who's full of hope, and he doesn't feel out of place among the Year 1s despite his age. Great. Nice to here positive feelings expressed.