Hello,

I have just read YM's post on this. I feel quite affected by it, though in reality, I'm not involved in the atrocity, heh.
Anyway, I'll just blah what happened through what I know from the news here..

The news was also shocking to me. I didn't believe it when I heard the evening news on telly, until I went home.
Only 148 students are enrolled, but they expected 300. I think 700 students applied, but due to the high standards of UNSW, they accepted only 148. The newspaper stated that they lost big funds cuz of the low enrollment.

Anyway, think of this: their course fees are s$26,000, compared to S$6,000 for local Singapore unis, and local unis are equal, if not better than UNSW Asia in terms of education standards. Considering other factors and risks, actually, it is quite obvious to me now that UNSW Asia in Singapore is actually a foolish investment. I personally think the risk of this happening would be lower if UNSW Asia was in Malaysia.

It's a sigh of relief that none of the HSCians decided or manage to get into UNSW Asia. Though scholarships are offered, it isn't nice at all to be caught in the mess. As for the students of the university, they are offered places in local Singapore unis, but still based on merit. Not many are taking up the scholarship to go to UNSW Sydney, as those students chose UNSW Asia for its location in Singapore.

I feel like an anchor of a news-reporting tv station...=P