Wow…it certainly has been awhile since I blogged anything. The computer was not in good shape, and my siblings and I did not bother to know what really went wrong with it. We also didn't bother to see what was the computer repair man doing with the computer…oh well, at least I had a break from the computer! (phew, if not I would always be stuck to it)

Well, I know that Christmas is already over, but I just want to share this with all of you...
It was Christmas Eve, and generally people will be celebrating Christmas,

in bashing ways,
loud ways,
silent ways or
meaningful ways.
Well, except for the people who take Christmas as
'just another day’.
*shrugs*


On Christmas Eve, I sung carols for church in the morning, and in the evening, I sung carols in a group called PESSOC(uh, it’s the Penang State Symphony Orchestra & Chorus…obviously, I’m in the Chorus, if not I wouldn’t carol, right?=)) Now, the question is, what is Christmas about? Is it about celebrating wildly at the Alfresco Area in Gurney Plaza, paying high prices for Christmas celebrations in hotel, or is it about being sorry for yourself during the Christmas season because you do not have a partner?
*…guys, be deep in thoughts…*
Christmas is about something much simpler-celebrating the birth of Jesus. Nothing specifically big has to be done during Christmas to celebrate it…just silently thanking Jesus our Savior who has saved us. Maybe you guys may not understand that, but truly, Christians find peace in their inner selves, a very peaceful feeling that sometimes is indescribable...=)
Anyway, my high school friends were going out that day. They planned to have an overnight stay at Crystal Point. I was contemplating whether to join them at night, but I thought that caroling for PESSOC would be much more meaningful to me.
First up, we caroled at Adventist Hospital. We caroled to the workers there, and invited them to sing along with us. =) Basically, we did that for the patients there, singing some a capella songs to them, and invited them to sing along. When we sing for them, we could see the joy on their faces, because they know that they were still remembered in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Christmas… They were genuinely happy in their hearts, and I guess their moods did lighten up, like a light bulb, hehe. I also noticed that their family members were with them…This evidently illustrates the phrase ‘it is our FAMILY that will be our side during the hardest times’… Not to say that friends would not care for us, but family is where we can get immediate help.
After that, we went to 2 more houses to carol, and was generally quite fun…I love singing, tho still lots to improve on.=)
Cute carolers...

The spirit of Christmas is ultimately about giving… giving to the ones that truly are in need, giving to Jesus, on his birthday…

The true meaning of Christmas has been lost among the human beings of today. I just sincerely hope that all those who are still lost out there may find their inner selves, find the truth, and ultimately find Jesus…What do you have to lose? =)

I particularly like this song, O Holy Night…even more so when it is sung by Josh Groban!!!

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night, of the dear Savior’s birth;
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,

Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.

Be still, and know that I am God-Psalm 48:10




Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!