Today I just had my Economics exam... I really thank God as what I prayed would come out did, and what I prayed would not didn't. I hoped that what came out for the Catholic High School paper would come out, and it did. I prayed that globalisation wouldn't come out, and it didn't. So I was really glad. =)
But the sad thing is I spent too much time on one of the essays, and caused me to leave some questions blank, tho I knew roughly the answers.
Anyway, I went home, had my nap... but didn't sleep well... I think I would have to sleep more at night, coz I didn't sleep well yesterday... roughly 4 hours of sleep? *shrugs*
I wanted to relax myself, to tell myself it's alright that I was unable to finish my paper... my sis cheered me up by sharing her experience, that God will bring you to where He wants you to with those unfinished papers(I always can't finish the papers =I)
So, I went to Gurney to relax myself at 8pm... walked there... I should have drove there, as it would be safer, but I needed to relax, not an additional burden that I will be more prone to accidents by driving a car.
Anyway, I had a great time walking alone in Gurney, tho I would enjoy company... I had this thoughts in my head, and thought that I can share it here, and see what you guys who read it think about it:
Also quoted from the book but altered a little by me, "People tend to think about what they are going to do in the next few hours when they are listening to people talk. Or rush to do another errand when the present has yet to be done. Thus, people don't enjoy the present moment of their lives."
I think that it is true... do you guys think it is true?
We tend to have expectations for other people to do something for us, or have expectations of the future. And when those expectations are not reached, we get upset. I guess this is also another cause of our unhappiness. I also guess we shouldn't matter that much on what others do, or what they think, coz we just have no control over it. *shrugs*
I tend to get lonely in the period of time, with constant studying... It's really good to have good friends around you that you can count on... I told my sis that, and she said she also went thru that kind of situation... and said that " that is what spouses are for... humans will get lonely, and with a spouse in the future, there is someone that we can count on, someone to talk to, someone to share with..."
Just some thoughts of mine =)

7 comments:
"People tend to think about what they are going to do in the next few hours when they are listening to people talk. Or rush to do another errand when the present has yet to be done. Thus, people don't enjoy the present moment of their lives."
I read this before too..But is in Chinese version..
It's kinda true
But think on the other side, if without expectation from oneself or others, we wouldnt pull ourselves to the limit to do something well..
Eg: EXAM. If we dont put higher expectation in it, if we really do badly..It's true that we might wont get upset. But in return, we dont get to fulfill the minimum requirement of the Uni entry. Argh!! This is what worries me a lot. Sigh..I expect myself to do at least average, I know I'm unable to score like Dai Lou those people. What I wish for is jz gaining the minimum requirement of UAI. But now, the hope is getting glimmer n glimmer. I screwed up my ESL, n next Physics, n then Maths 2 units..3 units is even worse. SO damn pressure. N as u know I've 10 days free before Chem paper. At 1st I thought that I've loads of time. So I spent the time unnecessarily on pc, drama, forum...Till yesterday I only feel scared. Sobz..I'm not the type of person that can have the thought of "living in the present". I would really enjoy that very moment n rush for last minute studies again. Sigh. My UAI will be freaking horrible la.
K..Vented enough of my frustration, pressure, guiltiness or whatsoever.
Back to study.
yup.
I am very guilty of doing that. I always let time just fly by, while I look forward to what would be of the future. I try to avoid doing that now cause it is really bad if I just baltantly waste time when I can be living my life (for God, depending on how im thinking at that time) in a much better, productive way. Am still learning to do that.
you said walk alone in the beach, but the picture got two people one... hahaha.
This is what I hold true, and believe it's true to most:
---
Remember and learn from yesterday,
Live for today,
Pray and hope for tomorrow.
---
Cheers =D
aww... you can always ask me to teman you in Gurneh anytime. I also kinda stay near. I can fly there~~ hoho... when I'm driving... You'll do good in Econs. You always do XD
haha, YM, i gues you're correct... expectations are needed too in some areas of life la
lala, i'm also still learning to that too, to live in the present, haha
well, walking on the beach? i like to self-contradict...actually kinda a part of me to do so. i enjoy walking alone at times, but don't think walking on the beach alone is one of them...heh
besides, couldn't find a pic where there's only one ppl walking on the beach...
shows that ppl like to be with ppl, ppl need company, heh
aww, Sandra, I was thinking of asking you to teach me to bake cakes...yours are nice :) is it possible? =P
an enlightening post. :)
yeah i totally agree present is the most important thing and we should learn to appreciate more..
i think if u think of a future in which you're looking forward to then it's ok.. cuz it sorta drive you on everyday..to achieve yr desired life.
contrary to that,if we think of a future and constantly worry abt what might or might not happen.. then it would be a burden.
So it all depends on how u see it.
yerrr how come you are so lucky?what i prayed seldom come out =(
hehe actually i don't think it's safer to drive than to walk...it's the same la..i mean if He want's something to happen to you.............hehe.
ahh..just like you..always contradicting yourself =.= lol remember i got message you and you were reading something about how to cope with exam stress right ^^
hmm..yea...enjoy the present! it's a gift ^^ and worrying about the past is pointless since you cannot change anything about it...and as for the future well..we humans can't really control what will happen right...it's all in His hands...so seriously...you really SHOULD go according to the flow ler~ =) haha btw someone can't forget her quotations for ESL =p
haha people tend to not be able to concentrate at one thing one la..too many distractions ma...so ma keep switching things to do..and in the end achieve nothing...heh...but to indulge yourself in the present so that you can totally enjoy it is kind of dangerous right...you'll become oblivious to what's happening around you..or maybe that's just me =p
depending on others to do something for us is not a good thing..as most people tend to make promises they cannot keep, not that they break it on purpose though...things just happens. however i think that haveing expectations of the future is a good thing wo =S then you have a purpose ma..something to pursue...or else life will become very meaningless d...and if it's a target you set for yourself..you'll still be contented that you tried your best even if you cant achieve it right..(exam)...haha.
ahaha my turn to talk about ESL(shortened)..we do not have to conform to what the society think right ^^ think the road not taken and whose life is it anyway =p we should stick with our own decision, do whatever we feel is right hehe...hmm i still feel the best way is to be independat cause when you don't rely on others that much..what they say/do/think wouldn't really have that much of an impact on you..but if you are...your whole life could be ruined just by trusting the wrong guy *shrug*
ahaha..at least you are only lonely during exam period zzz hehe...ou i heard those old old people say before..umm..if you want to find a spouse, find someone who likes to chat, because when you grow old, you'll find that loving to chat is very important cause you'll be lonely..with most friends gone..etc =)
haha finally sorry ar for the late comment..but hey, at least i fulfilled my promise right =p
Post a Comment