Hey Sunny Day, da bu da bu zou xiang lan tian, ao guo de feng bao... zai jian! Enough of those hard stuff already. It's the way to a 'Sunny Day'! Actually, it's a song that one of my friends wrote.
(Han Yin is recording 5 songs that she wrote herself and is gonna give away the CDs that she'll burn to friends, as a token, before leaving for Russia =). so to all those who know her, support her!)
A few days ago, Han Yin called up and asked me to help her in the background singing of one of her songs, and of course, I willingly obliged. She wanted to call Lin Nar too, but it is either that she really does not have the time, or she still does not trust her sense of direction. =)
Anyway, she called up Minao. So at 5pm, 4 of us, including Siew Hoay, were at Hitz Studio recording Han Yin's songs. (Well, me being perpertually late, arrived at 5pm, while others, at 2 or 3 something...I had classes before that anyway...)
I'd won't comment on any of their singing, or will the production be good, but I'll just comment on the process of it. It certainly was not easy, as we had to make sure that we're in tune... When I arrived, Han Yin did her other songs, and so Minao and me decided to go learn up the song that we're assigned to. Before that, we had not really heard of the song, so we had to kinda imagine the sound of each note. It was not easy, but it certainly did help that both of us have music background.
So at around 7, we started recording the song. Oh man, and wasn't it a tiring process. Standing in the studio, with no ventilation(coz if the air-con is switched on, its noise would also be recorded), hearing the part we sing again and again, singing it again and again until it's in tune... Of course we enjoy singing, but the process of producing a song like what singers do and burning it into a CD ain't an easy job. We did various parts in the song, and I guess that we did quite ok.
We finished up at around 10pm... so we could imagine the gruelling process that singers and their team go through... We were cold, tired and hungry, but satisfied. At least, we have finished the song...together =)
Hey Sunny Day, da bu da bu zou xiang lan tian, ao guo de feng bao... zai jian!
4 comments:
wow.. thumbs up for you all!!
i'm sure it was a great experience
you guys have a good voice and are all musically talented. :)
Wow, what a talented bunch you are. Though gruelling, must have been a satisfying and exciting experience, especially when u all finished. Good stuff!
Woohoo~
So surprise about this blog..
I dont know anything until I check out ur blog today..Keke..
U gals are really talented..
Cant wait to listen to those songs..
Han Yin is pretty sweet..B4 leaving Pg, still hua xin si to give her frens sth memorable..
Post a Comment