The staircase that I climb everyday, spiraling down, is a metaphor of how I feel. Why do people misunderstand each other? Why the different intangible distances among humans? Carrying the weight of the world is emotionally exhausting. Sitting alone in a quiet room, immersing myself in such emotions is my illusion of feeling all the world's problems.
Yet, I remind myself that as a human being, and being a believer in Christ, I should exercise self-control (Gal 5:22-23). Instead of walloping myself in my deepest emotions, I want to step up and tell myself that it is okay, my emotions will heal. I should use my emotions for the good of people. I believe that I have been given this personality for a reason. (Yes, only a small % of people are INFJs) And with this confidence, anchor myself in the love of Christ, replacing self-induced sorrow with His unconditional love.
Armed with His love, I want to do anything and everything in Christ.
Yet, I remind myself that as a human being, and being a believer in Christ, I should exercise self-control (Gal 5:22-23). Instead of walloping myself in my deepest emotions, I want to step up and tell myself that it is okay, my emotions will heal. I should use my emotions for the good of people. I believe that I have been given this personality for a reason. (Yes, only a small % of people are INFJs) And with this confidence, anchor myself in the love of Christ, replacing self-induced sorrow with His unconditional love.
Armed with His love, I want to do anything and everything in Christ.
2 comments:
Rest in the arms of God, and believe that he'll take all these burdens, and yours, off your shoulders.
Take Care dear
I feel you. I am like that too. But a verse in Gal 2:20 encourages me every time I dwell in these negative emotions.
"I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
We dwell on these emotions because we are very much in our natural self. If we would enjoy and let Christ in more, we would live this Person! He is a living Person dwelling in my spirit! After all, He is the reality of all positive things, we just have to take Him as the Source and the center. :) *hugs*
Post a Comment