Three days into the new year. That is all it takes to tell me that I have missed it. I have missed the first day of the year and what it symbolizes.
Towards the end of the year/the start of the new year (well, depends on which side of the year you are looking at), newspapers flash with the good and bad of 2012, and highlight the picture (a rather gloomy one indeed) of 2013. I'm definitely not one who will make 5 resolutions on January 1st, only to come to December 31st and realise that I haven't complete any of them. Cut me out of that category. But it seems as if I have missed something. Things pass by so fast from my trip to Jakarta in November till now, that I feel as if it has been since that I saw my fiance.
The last two weeks or so, I have been hearing the call from God to rest. Because I am tired and weary. But there was no time. Work, serving in church, meeting up with friends through this holiday season just took up time. Do. And do. And do again. Tiredness crept in. But fatigue came in like a bombshell. I collapsed (not literally).
Today, I took time off to sleep. Yes! I do not have the habit of sleeping enough. I have to cultivate it. And I feel better. The Holy Spirit in me has been talking to me through the book titled "Having A Mary Heart in A Martha World". God is longing to spend time with us. He is waiting. Step in please! He says. We are the branches and He is the vine (John 15:5). We are an extension of Him. And only in Him, can you find true peace and rest. Amen.
Towards the end of the year/the start of the new year (well, depends on which side of the year you are looking at), newspapers flash with the good and bad of 2012, and highlight the picture (a rather gloomy one indeed) of 2013. I'm definitely not one who will make 5 resolutions on January 1st, only to come to December 31st and realise that I haven't complete any of them. Cut me out of that category. But it seems as if I have missed something. Things pass by so fast from my trip to Jakarta in November till now, that I feel as if it has been since that I saw my fiance.
The last two weeks or so, I have been hearing the call from God to rest. Because I am tired and weary. But there was no time. Work, serving in church, meeting up with friends through this holiday season just took up time. Do. And do. And do again. Tiredness crept in. But fatigue came in like a bombshell. I collapsed (not literally).
Today, I took time off to sleep. Yes! I do not have the habit of sleeping enough. I have to cultivate it. And I feel better. The Holy Spirit in me has been talking to me through the book titled "Having A Mary Heart in A Martha World". God is longing to spend time with us. He is waiting. Step in please! He says. We are the branches and He is the vine (John 15:5). We are an extension of Him. And only in Him, can you find true peace and rest. Amen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment