Being at work for around 3 months, I realise small things are building up. Building up what I envision my work will be like. I took the risk (not really risk, cus I felt that it was right to come back) to come back here to work, to do something contrary to typical thinking. And looking at the pass few months, I know that our Father has been putting small blessings along the way and building up my career.
Thus far, I have had the opportunity to travel for work, to meet people of much higher ranks than me both locally and internationally, people who hold professorships, position in governments and positions of authority in businesses. I feel at times I can't match up to their experience and knowledge, and thus, besides my nature of not speaking up in a setting full of strangers, I take a further step back, and just hold my tongue. Taking an external view from the setting I am in.
But when you are sent overseas to work, you are not expected to keep tight-lipped. You are expected to speak up, to talk to people, market yourselves, market our company. And I thus step in again into the setting I'm in, interacting with people.
At work, I'm one of the youngest there, and by systemic thinking, I should have the least skills and experience and contribute the least at work. But no. God has opened doors at work for me, and again, place me in positions where I have to step out of my shell to talk to others, to do work that, within my comfort zone, am not confident in doing. And either by my nature of assuming responsibility (to a number of maximum projects, else productivity goes down), or my administrative skills or just pure desire or interest to get things moving, things get rolled out, and I glad that they do.
Yet, I still take a step back at times, not wanting to believe that I am in this position. Taking a further step back, and knowing, that it is only by His providence and blessing that gave me the strategic position I am in today.
Thus far, I have had the opportunity to travel for work, to meet people of much higher ranks than me both locally and internationally, people who hold professorships, position in governments and positions of authority in businesses. I feel at times I can't match up to their experience and knowledge, and thus, besides my nature of not speaking up in a setting full of strangers, I take a further step back, and just hold my tongue. Taking an external view from the setting I am in.
But when you are sent overseas to work, you are not expected to keep tight-lipped. You are expected to speak up, to talk to people, market yourselves, market our company. And I thus step in again into the setting I'm in, interacting with people.
At work, I'm one of the youngest there, and by systemic thinking, I should have the least skills and experience and contribute the least at work. But no. God has opened doors at work for me, and again, place me in positions where I have to step out of my shell to talk to others, to do work that, within my comfort zone, am not confident in doing. And either by my nature of assuming responsibility (to a number of maximum projects, else productivity goes down), or my administrative skills or just pure desire or interest to get things moving, things get rolled out, and I glad that they do.
Yet, I still take a step back at times, not wanting to believe that I am in this position. Taking a further step back, and knowing, that it is only by His providence and blessing that gave me the strategic position I am in today.
Everything is of God, and all things to be attributed to Him.
3 comments:
Praise God!
I struggle with confidence too. but got reminded to place our confidence in Him instead of myself :)
Jia you^^
Thanks Rhian :) you too okay? Keep it up, with God.
UTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUT
Post a Comment