Talk about not being compensated enough.

I'm spoilt. I want more than what they offered.

Travelling on Saudi Arabia airlines. Expected. And the travel insurance I bought from NTUC? You just experienced moral hazard from one of your customers.

My flight to London via Riyadh has been changed to London via Jeddah due to operational reasons. You think?

A 5 hr 20 min layover in Riyadh has become a 15 hr 05 min layover in Jeddah. Efficiency...

I'll be stopping over at night in Jeddah, arriving at 9.05pm and leaving at 12.10pm the next day. I expected accommodation, and at least, an upgrade to business class.

But instead, I got an assurance from the Saudi Arabia airlines ground staff in Singapore that the ground staff in Jeddah is notified of my situation and will assist me to what they can. Accomodation for the night? Unsecured. Whether Jeddah has a transit hotel is unknown. I just googled, and they do have hotels nearby.

They gave me a voucher for the SATS lounge and a kind assurance that there would not be anyone sitting beside me during the flight. That's all to ensure my comfort. Frankly, I want more. Give me Thai Express vouchers, I don't mind that too. :P

One point. I would be fine with such treatment, for any other place I would be transiting in. But I'm gonna transit in a place where women are socially discriminated against. I've felt their treatment before, when I called them up a couple of months back to ask about the flight. And I've actually been to Saudi before. But with my school's group of people, with a prof, with first class service and hotel rooms so big you can't imagine how to fully utilise the facilities. Now, I'm transiting there alone as a female. I changed my passport, so I don't have the Saudi stamps inside it, to at least give me credibility that I have been to the country before, if that helps.

And here it is, a start to a new adventure. ;)