Arriving approximately 30 hours from the little red dot. Sleep deprived, no shower, no steaming hot food. Tired. Nonetheless, still have to entertain the new culture that I step in.

London.

Yes, the heart of the world, the thriving financial centre (I wouldn't mind visiting the financial centre in London, but didn't find a chance to do it.)

And once I arrived in the airport, I was confused. Even the English was confusing to me. Not accustomed to the English-ness of the place. Not just the mono-language of my first language that was used throughout the airport. The coffee, the lifts, the directions. It was all new to me.

Yes, I've been to London before. And as my younger sis and I always say, "we went there 12 years ago".

No, not exactly counted, when you can't remember everything.

Last I remembered, Buckingham Palace was prettier than as seen. Or maybe I walked up close last time, and saw the still, unmoving tall black furry hat and red coat man marching, which amused children of all ages, of all colours, whether there is such a thing as different colours.

"Where's the train that can take me to Whitechappel?"

"You just have to go straight, take the lift and you'll see the underground", says the Englishman, a guard.

Alright, here I come!

Had to queue to get an Oyster card. For like 20 mins? And I was greeted by an unwelcoming "you said you read the tube booklet but still don't get it" response from a British Indian (I think). And if he's reading this, I tell you: I'm no China lady. Don't ever label me as if I'm from anywhere not from your world. Hmmph.

So off I went, trugging a big luggage, a blue Nike bagpack, and my tattered and torn army green bag, which looked as if it really went for war.

And yes, success. Found Hammersmith, with the iconic red ring on a white background station name stripped across it:

All tube station names look like that!

And I had to transfer to Whitechapel. So here we go. Lugging my luggages to the mainroad, crossing the street, to get to the Hammersmith & City line.

And after the lugging and trugging, I finally reached Whitechappel.

And see my dear primary, secondary, and don't know how long ago friend, Weifen. :) She was extremely nice, helping me pull my luggage across the road, down the street beside the hospital, then behind it. Yes. Finally reached.


We talked a little, rested a little, planned a little. It was nice.


The bond between friends from ages ago just can't be explained. You'd just do a lot of things for them, without asking back. You just accept them for who they are. Whether they change to become better or worse, you still love them. Beauty.


After that, we left for dinner, at Leicester Square (pronouced Lester Square), where Chinatown is. :)

伦敦唐人街

No bath yet. Nevermind. Give me Asian food. Nevermind that I just arrived from Singapore, I only had sandwiches and Nasi Briyani or something on my way here. Give me real hot, steaming Chinese food.
And so she did.

蚝煎和炒面
忘了那炒面的名字呢!
Yum. Not the best, but sufficient. The O-jian was very nice though! Maybe it's cus I really wanted such food sub-consciously.

We were walking around till around 10pm, and headed to Piccadilly Circus after that.

Random horse structures along the way.
Or maybe it's not that random, just that I don't know what it represents.

At Oxford (or is it Regent?) St.
Seeing these buildings, I wouldn't know what part of the world I'm at.
It could be Shanghai near the river, it could be a refurbished Penang street. It could be any ex-colony of Britain's. Hm.

Britain flag. Here officially.

This is also the first time I experience sunset at 10pm!!! Very cool. We can walk around till 9 plus at night without worrying much about safety when it gets dark. Yay. Dinners at 9pm oh my gosh. You just don't think it's night time till it starts to get dark.
>
It was still chilly then. 16 degrees or so. Perfect weather, but I just came from a tropical land. So forgive me.

So we went back home, and started planning for the next day. :)