My sister is turning 21 tomorrow. Last girl to turn 21 in our family! My mum just sent an email to her, with all of us cc-ed inside. I just feel like "liking" my mum's email. It's just so full of many things (wrong English, but it's how I want to describe it. ;))
Yes, all 3 girls are older now, grown up, and can manage ourselves. Well, I have to work in managing my money part. Anyway, my mum feels sad as all 3 of us are grown up. I feel like saying "aww" after this sentence.
She also commented before that after seeing Gracelyn coming into this world, more than ever, she feels that life is like a cycle. Not only is she a grandmother, my grandmother is a great-grandone!
She's not getting any younger, and has aging problems, here and there. Yet, she still has to work, cus she still has 3 more children to support. Soon, she'll be left with 2, and in a year, just 1.
She also said that when she turned 21, she was in Melbourne, celebrated with some of her new found friends who were working in the same restaurant as her part time. She asked my sis to always remember this once in a life time occassion in Nottingham. It brought me back to think of the time I spent my 22 birthday in Wuhan, with my new found friends, and how genuine I felt they were treating me. And how the friendships still last, up till today. And my 21st, where Isaac helped me organise a surprise birthday dinner with my close friends. Dear memories they are.
I admit I still quarrel with my mum from time to time, not out of past guilt, hatred or sadness. Thank God. I think I need self-control, and contsant reminders that there is no reason I should not treat her well, shouldn't treat her bad.
I also think it's quite cute that nowadays my parents use email to communicate with us. And last year, my dad had to send an email to all his children who were all over the world then to remember to wish our mum a "Happy Mother's Day".
Anyway, to my younger sis, HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY. ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment