Each day, I experience different sides of myself. Today, I experience it even more so.
I woke up this morning a little earlier than I expect myself to on a Sunday. I was not going to church, as I went the day before. I woke up earlier to clear up one of the things I wanted to do off my to-do list. I looked up the addresses of those people I knew from China, wrote them down on the greeting cards, and sent them off. As I was doing that, I was transported back to the times I spent with each friend in China, and with other friends too. I was a different me in China, different from myself in Singapore.
After posting it off, I went to the hospital to visit a friend, an SMU friend. Poor friend, he got dengue...again. In a span of 5 months. How unlucky can he get. I told him he reminded me of Job from the Bible, haha. Let's continue to pray for him! And then, I was transported back to the times I got to know him, where he shared the deeper things in his life. This also represented a more compassionate side of me, with the love of God, encouraged me to go see my friend whom I haven't really caught up properly for more than a year.
Then off I went for lunch, with my Penang friends who are working here. PSin and Cze Yang. Cheryl, Cze Yang's girlfriend, came along too. I have known these 2 peeps for ages, and have been closed to them at certain points of my life. Kinda like childhood friends in a way. I know them not from school, but from tuition/college, which is different from who I am with my pri/high school friends. It brought back myself as a child/teenager, in Penang, in college. Playing tennis with Cze Yang. Having tuition with PSin when I was Pri 5. Lol.
During my transits from place to place, I read the book I am admittedly trying to finish, the Gandhi autobiography. And of course, that made me think about my times in India. About India. The motivations of going there, being a dreamer, and really executing what I want to in the end. Reading the book also made me think of the Indian spirit. Not as rough as the Chinese, that's what I think.
And off I went to work. ;)
I felt as if my life was coming together today. It was as if I was watching a movie of the different facets of my life so far. It was quite interesting, each facet brings different feelings to me.
Trodding along, I am on the brink of the biggest next stage in life. And I'm confident that there will be more exciting things in store. ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment