I met up with Minao and Rhian today, along with Chi Keung and Chang Jian. We went to Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao for dinner. (Thanks to Evina's recommendation. :P) I wanted cheaper food, and that was where she recommended me to go. It turned out it really didn't cost that much in the end, probably because we shared and cus we ordered the money-for-value food, lol.
I couldn't believe that there was a queue when we reached
there...but I guess it is a Sunday night, and thus should be expected. :)
We went in and ordered some stuff. La Mian, 生煎包, 水饺,炒饭,山东手抓饼, 呵呵。And it just reminded me how long I haven't had China food. It was delicious. I secretly liked the La Mian a little...it tasted a little like Wuhan's Hot Dry Noodles (热干面). I didn't like the Wuhan Hot Dry Noodles while I was there, cus the flavour was just too heavy for my liking (or in Mandarin, 口味很重). But I guess tasting something similar to Wuhan's speciality reminded me of the good times there.
And it dawned upon me one thing that I missed about China, or Wuhan for that matter. The cheap food. I'm not a person who gets super excited at cheap food, or at recommended food for that matter. But the luxury of having 15 shuijiaos for just SGD1 is just heavenly. Not to mention having dinners and lunches in restaurants without having to worry that we spend to much. Such meals cost the same as having a meal in a kopitiam in Singapore.
Met up with both of them for 2 days already, and this also reminded me that I should spend time with my dear Penang friends who are here in Singapore for quite some time. ;)