Not surprising when you hear this from me by now. I'm always full of surprises.

This thought started like any other. Last year, or the year before, probably. But I never got about doing it. I don't know why...couldn't find the time, couldn't find a suitable school overseas community involvement project (OCIP) to be involved in. SMU frequently has OCIP to other countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, China, and sometimes, India too. (I wonder why don't they organise one to Malaysia...I think it'll be a good idea. Understand your neighbours before you understand others faraway, lol).

Last year, when the (in)famous "25 random things about me" facebook note tagging was going on, I remember writing a few things there that I wanted to do in my life...going to Perth to see flowers in spring (I kinda did that, lol), going to India for community service, etc. Some things have changed there, but some haven't.

Earlier this year when I was in China, 1 month before returning home, I wrote down things I wanted to do within this semester. Work in Starbucks, continue learning violin, go to India. I didn't start learning violin again, but you'll wait and see. You won't be surprise if I start doing it any point in my life. ;) But yes, I wanted to do all those stuff. And what better time to do then now, before I graduate.

My friend asked me: but why India, and why do you want to volunteer there?

Tough question.

I remember when I was about 14, I asked myself - what do I want to do for my life? Would I want to work as an accountant, doctor, architect? I don't know. As I thought about it, I figured that what I wanted to do in the future is to find a job that will impact the lives of others. I have had a heart for the poor for quite some time. Where did that come from? I don't have an answer to that yet. Maybe God gave me that heart. Wired it inside me. Intrinsic. Maybe I'm built that way. I realised that each person is wired differently in terms of personality. It's inborn. Maybe I'm inborn with the heart to reach out to others. I'm inborn to be dreamy.

India would be a good place to start to see how poverty is really like, or if, there really is such a thing as poverty. They may be poor in cash, but rich in emotions. I don't know. I'll find out.

Malaysia has poverty too. But I'm not sure...my heart tells me to go to India.

I'm going to feel like a white person in an Asian city. Standing out. Bring it on.

So ladies and gentlemen, I'll be in Faridabad, near Delhi for the next 3 weeks.

May God bless me there. And use me to bless others. Christmas in India!

Merry Christmas to all. :) I'll be back in Penang for a few days at the end of the year, so see you there. :)