I don't know why I felt so happy when I heard the air crew announced that we were going to land in KLIA. Probably because of the fact I would be reaching home in mere hours. I have been away from home longer than the 3 months this time round, but some how I long to be home. Maybe it's because December is supposed to be a time where I am home, and since I delayed my trip back home, I long more for it. Maybe it's because of the fact I haven't had a shower from a shower head for 2 weeks or so. Maybe because I long for my bed, my soft, comfortable bed.
I definitely do not long to see Malaysians in general. I'm starting to get more comfortable being myself wherever I am; in Singapore, Malaysia, India. I got used to seeing people of darker skin. I got used to a few things in India. There are a few things that I haven't or didn't get used to - speaking monolingually, having showers in winter.
I thank God that I still manage to come back home on schedule. If I were to come back home just a day or two before, I would be stuck in Delhi airport because of the fog. Yes, it was very bad, I can testify for that. Allie and I could barely see 5 metres ahead of us. I'm not joking.
This time round, I don't think it's a dream. Maybe because I have only been in India for 3 weeks, and the moment I touched down in India, I could look forward to my trip back home. Maybe because I had a more substantial purpose there.
I'll upload photos of my experience there. It changed me, as every other thing, more ways than I think it would. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment