我今天过得还蛮充实的。今天下午,我去了机场送浈淯。她这小伙子来了新加坡给Jorine一个惊喜。来新加坡才两天就走了。呵呵。回珀斯。见了她一下也好。我们也拍了几张照片。我觉得其实我们长得蛮像的,拍照的时候像姐妹!呵呵。
After that, I went to Jorine's house to 坐坐. Wei Jie wanted to show me his heart and soul, sweat and blood put into making a photo album for Jorine for her birthday. I dare say that it was quite a nice album, with photos, scrapbook printings, positioning of elements etc done with much thought and detail. Great job done. :D
Mark, Jorine's Singaporean friend from Perth then send me off to church at Adam Road. Talked about his job, trading, controlling risks and stuff. Quite interesting. Harharhar.
I had an awesome time in church. One thing that's very important is our identity in God. I lose myself at times, placing my identity with friends, relationships and family. But I'm glad that I was prayed over today, and am able to let go some things that was unhealthy. :D
The main thing that I want to talk about today is these 2 girls.
I haven't had a dinner with the 2 of them together in a looong while. The last time we had a dinner together was last year's December, when all of u were in Singapore. I had our dinner at a pinkish restaurant at Bugis. Then after, I left for Penang; Kirsty for India for OCIP. I went to China for exchange after that, and Kirsty went to Barcelona, Spain.
Why do I love these girls? Cus they are committed to the friendship as much as each of us. We know that friends are important, and we make it a point to meet up. Last year's semester, we made it a point to meet up every 2 weeks on a Thursday for lunch. Count that cool man. I think we are tasked-oriented yet people who value relationships a lot, so we know it's important to make prior appointments before meeting each other, catching up with each other.
We got to know each other much better through our Middle East trip. After Middle East, the 2 girls went to Shanghai for internship, where they frequently have their afternoon teas and travels. Ah, I missed out on that, but it's okay.
3 of us are also emotional beings, so we can relate to each other's feelings. And we are not as calculative in spending. Actually both of them are not really that calculative, I think I'm considered quite calculative when I'm with them, lol.
Another thing? I think it's quite cool that 3 of us are ethnically Chinese, come from different parts of Asia, yet manage to bond. 3 of us speak English, Mandarin and Cantonese. How cool is that when 3 of you come from different places. In addition to that, 3 of us have another language that we know (Malay, Guangdong dialect, Vietnamese).
This semester we don't meet as often as the last one when all 3 of us were around, as Kirsty is currently on internship. I'm glad that I still meet up with Weining in school though. It's a joy to see her, as she's full of emotions, ups and downs, bubbly, and other things.
And before each goes back to each other's homelands, we will meet again. :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment