I met a friend today at a talk and she told me that she is writing Senior Thesis. Writing a thesis in SMU is optional. I was like "oh my gosh". "How many people are taking it?" She said:"9". But she continue saying:"Ah, it's fine, the lecturer is really good, and I get to meet people that have similar interest as me".
I just smiled within myself. I think it's so true. When you decide to join something and do something you like, you'll find people of similar interest. ;) It's self-selection. You join something that you're interested in (out of pure intentions), and you'll probably find people like you there too.
Makes me think about the decision I made to go to China for exchange. I think I met people who are more similar to me there, who make the bold decision to go to Greater China for an exchange; not just go to Greater China, but go to a relatively unknown city among the international arena. And there, you find people who want to visit and know about China, but do not want to just get a taste of the big cities of Shanghai and Beijing. You meet people who are weird and eccentric (in your own ways) - just like you. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
I'm still dreaming. I still think about the great times I had during exchange. I still am not returned to myself in Singapore. Maybe exchange has changed me. Maybe it is to stay. Anyhow, it's fine, part of the joys and process of post-exchange. ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment