I think I am lucky. No. I don't just think so. I know that I am lucky. Am blessed.
I know not many people my age who gets to travel as extensively, go as many places as I have. So far, my parents, especially my dad, has emphasised on the importance of bringing his children on trips overseas ever since we were young. And I do agree with him that it has widened my views on things in the world, despite the age that I visited those countries. Below 12. I don't know whether it's for me, or it applies for others too, that you do learn things when you go travelling when you are young.
Anyway, I've experienced a few types of "hotness" in the weather, and since I just went to Perth, it's different from those that I have experienced before.
1. Malaysia & Singapore
It's sunny all year round, and humid. Although it's 27 degrees in the day time, it can feel quite hot, cus of the wind that blows and stuff. People sweat easily too, cus of the level of water in the air. I like this weather the most, LOL. I'm just used to it. Hm, let me rephrase. It's the best summer weather. Spring weather in some countries are still nicer than weather in Malaysia & Singapore.
2. Middle East
My, it was sooo hot when I went there! I don't remember sweating there. But the wind that blows there is HOT. Like not cooking pot hot, but it's just the currents of hot wind blowing. It's even hotter than the wind in Malaysia and Singapore! =.= I don't remember sweating there though. I think it's dry there. Thankfully when we were there, we were in the air con space most of the time. Thankfully, Middle Easterns have the money to afford air-conditioning everywhere. :P
3. Wuhan
I tell you, it's the worst place I have been for a summer. It's so hot, so humid, and the air quality is not good. You sweat after stepping out of the house for 2 minutes. I sweat in my hostel (which has air-con). The humidity levels there can reach 90 plus %. =.= If you think Malaysia & Singapore is hot, THINK AGAIN. Go to Wuhan (or Xi'an, I think it's quite hot there during summer too), and you'll know what I mean by pretty much unbearable.
4. Perth
It was stinging hot! Like my skin felt like it was frying. The sun gets into your eyes quite a lot. Darn. The ozone layer there 破了, so it's always so bright. I haven't experienced summer there, nor would I want to if I had the choice.
Really thankful for the opportunity to go overseas to open my eyes bigger. Ironically (or not), it makes you smaller, not bigger. :)
2 comments:
This is totally irrelevant to your post. lol. I kept checking your wordpress blog and realised you haven't updated for a while so I decided to pop by your blogspot. true enough, you've moved. :D
Hello Ms Ee Lin Teoh! Thanks for being a friend and keeping in touch to me. This is totally irrelevant to the comment that you made. Just to tell you. Hope vacation summer application is going well, as well as your thesis. :D
Post a Comment