This time, I would like to share my testimony on trusting God. This happened in December, but I haven't gotten down to blog about it. I made it a point, and I think if I don't type it now, I would never type it out.

See, I was interested in a scholarship before last semester started, and mentioned to SMU's office staff that I'm interested in it. There are a few requirements for the scholarship - results, being active in community service and CCA. I personally think that overall I'm pretty okay. I'm happy with the external results that I'm showing. However, there was a small problem. The requirements didn't agree with me. My Grade Point Average (GPA) didn't hit the minimum requirement. I asked the office staff whether I could apply for it if I pull up my GPA, and she said that I could try.

I did try - I took easier subjects, studied smarter throughout the whole sem. But alas, when I got my results back on that fateful Saturday afternoon around 1 month ago, I was pretty disappointed with it. I did as well (or as lousy) as I did in any other semester, and my Cumulative GPA did drop a little.

I lifted up my sorrows to God, and told Him that if this is the results He gives me, then...I'll live with it. It will be just enough, for whatever He leads me to. I felt better after that. With that attitude (and with a residual feeling of sorrow), I carried myself and went Christmas caroling.

Afte caroling, I came back home. Once I reached home, I saw it - the letter from SMU's Center of Financial Assistance. And I was like "oh my gosh, not another piece of bad news! (i.e. not getting the scholarhip)". So I tore the letter, and the first word I saw was "Congratulations!"

Immediately, tears of repent and joy overflowed. I cried, asking myself why didn't I trust God enough to supply? That even with minimal results, He still will bless me.

I can't say that I have been very faithful to Jesus, following His commandments. Yes, I am rebellious. And that elevates my gratitude towards Him. Knowing that I didn't follow Him all the way. But I did my best in my studies, and God supplied, more than ever, more than enough. :)