Yes. I felt it. I felt the tremors. The one that caused 777 people to die so far. The one that caused 8 out of 10 buildings to crumble. The one that happened in our neighbouring Indonesia.
I didn't believe it. Was it me, or was the whole ground really shaking? I was merely on the 4th floor, in the library, and I could feel the tremors. I had to ask my friend whether she felt it too to make sure that I wasn't the cuckoo one.
The guy beside me said:"There's tremors right?"
Me: "Ya."
Then he said:"You would know when they start again when you see the water in my friend's bottle shaking."
It lasted for more than 1 minute I think. I didn't want to feel it after 30 seconds, so I stood up. When I stand, I couldn't feel anything. Good. I don't wanna know what happen. I don't wanna believe what could have happened.
The next morning, the news confirmed my prediction. Earthquake in Padang, Sumatra. Killing many, those in schools, hotels...
And then there's Typhoon Ketsana. Sweeping away close to 300 people, affecting close to 3 million people. A hero, saved 30 lives, before being washed away himself. Honorable man. SMU Berkada (the Filipino group in SMU) is collecting funds for their home country. It is heartening to see that in times of crisis, one helps your fellow brothers and sisters. This is the spirit man.
And there's Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, which was affected by Typhoon Ketsana, albeit on a smaller scale.
Samoa, an island in between NZ and Hawaii, got wiped out almost totally. At least one of the villages got wiped off the map. Tsunami. Who could expect.
We don't get it in Singapore, neither do we get it in Malaysia. We should always be thankful for this. It's only when I really feel the tremors that I feel more for the countries that are affected. You start to realise that life is fragile, and anything can happen in a split second, literally.
Amongst all disaster, all chaos, remember, that there's the one true God up in Heaven, and He is still, in control of it all.
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Revelation 22:21
1 comments:
Pei Qi vs Geology.
Post a Comment