OMy! I went to the F1 race today, woohoo!!!!!!

Okay, this was planned long ago, even before I started my semester. Sarah, the oh-so-ever faithful F1 fan, kinda influenced me to go. And so, I thought that it would be a different experience, and so I went.

Nice view eh? :P
The Singapore river, the Central Biz District...


There were sooo many new things to learn!

  • Safety cars (yellow! meaning that an accident has happened, and all cars have to slow down, equivalating the race to a restart)
  • Soft tyre & hard tyre
  • Street racing and track racing is different (It's street racing in Singapore)
  • The many corners that the track have
  • It's easier to take over at the corners
  • 20 cars in the race, of which there are 2 drivers per team
  • The driver of the race car does not strategise, the "team" which consists of engineers, IT personnels, communicators are the ones who communicate the strategies to the drivers while they are in the race
  • The driver memorises the track instead of driving by sight cus his reaction time would not be sufficient to react at the turnings...they are driving at the speed of 300kmph =.=
  • Pit stops are super fast...5 secs?
  • Penalties will cost the driver speed
  • The politics involved between the teams
  • Driving 61 of the same laps!!!
  • Lewis Hamilton is hot (Sa doesn't like him though)
  • I want to be behind the wheels
  • All these are taught by Sarah, hahahaha. It was quite exciting I have to say. But the noise from the cars really does not make people happy. It isn't part of a human to hear such noises...it makes me irritated towards the end, though I secretly relish the sound of it and the "popping" when the car goes fast. :P


    Hear the sound of the engine!!! Woooo!!
    Hear the popping sounds too? :P

    The race lasted about 2 hours. It was pretty exciting. We had this big TV screen in front of us, so we could observe what was happening to the other cars and when the cars are not zooming past us.

    There were 2 major crashes in the race...but one of the drivers still continued with the race after his car was repaired...good job man. The rankings can change real fast man...Rosberg from McLaren-Mercedes was 2nd for the first 30 laps or so, but dropped to 14 due to some reason. But this guy has perserverence though...he managed to cut the person in front of him 2 times I think. But he still couldn't zoom past other drivers fast enough to finish the top 3.

    At night
    The bright light is the huge TV screen


    There's probably many other stuff that I have yet to know about F1, but nonetheless, it's an enjoyable time. The champion was predictable...Lewis Hamilton, with Timo Glock and Fernando Alonso finishing behind him. (Hamilton was a good 10 secs ahead of Glock!!!!)

    After that, we went to walk on the tracks, (Yes, the tracks!!!!!!!!) After everything was cleared. It was a pretty fun experience, walking on the very roads that the cars which drove at lightening speed zoomed passed.
    Tracks

    Backstreet Boys (Yes, BSB!!!!) was performing that night, in conjunction of F1. I was sooo excited about it! I didn't know before hand that they were performing tonight, but I so wanted to catch them when I knew! I bet we Generation Y people are fond of them. I grew up listening to their songs. Great songs man. And it's like a dream...coming true! Watching your boyband that has played a part in shaping your music taste while growing up!

    Sarah and Kenny wanted to savour the feeling of walked on the tracks, so I went to catch the concert myself. The concert was in the open space (called Padang), and I reached there around 40 mins late. It was not as squeezy as I thought, so I mashed my way through the crowd to get to the front. 2 Thai girls were very sweet...they wanted to squeeze to the front too, so when they did, they pulled me with them. :) They were here to watch the F1 race.

    How sweet were the songs!!!! Songs like "Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely", "Quit Playing Games with My Heart", "Incomplete", "The Calling", "Everybody", "The One", "Shape of My Heart" (my heart melt man, when I heard it)....so OMG. These are the songs I grew up listening to!!! They also sang a single from their new album that will be out in a few weeks! Yayyayyay!

    Brian Litrell sang his single "Welcome Home". I was touched by it, as I had that song in my computer ever since it came out 3 years ago. Our Father in heaven welcomes us home. And yes, God bless us. :)

    There were only 4 members, Kevin wasn't there. (Just found out that he left BSB through wiki, heh) Nonetheless, they had such chemistry, such fun and spontaneity on stage. They sang pretty well, and danced with ease. I was soooo excited to see them. Ah, stop here, I can't describe how excited I felt!

    The boys are back!
    Hotter than ever, ;)


    As Long As You Love Me


    Incomplete


    Welcome Home :)


    The Call
    Great dancing eh? Hehe.

    Let loose, and enjoy. :)