Yay! Last day of BSM!! We went back to the hotel the night before, cus on this morning, we would be taking a long journey to Oman! I think it was estimated that we would take around 5 hours. But as many things that happened during the BSM, many things were delayed. :P
So we woke up early the next day (6am?), had our breakfast, and departed for Oman. Unfortunately, the foreign students [Weining & Qin Zhen (China), Kirsty (Vietnam), Darrick (Cambodia) and Mishti(India)] couldn't follow us to Oman. They didn't manage to obtain their visas to Oman...strict rules huh. (Makes me thankful for the red Singapore passport that I hold) I was rather disappointed at that, cus many of them are my close friends. Oh well. They nonetheless enjoyed their time in Dubai (OMG, who wouldn't man); they were well taken care of by the International Enterprise Singapore (IE Singapore) delegate there, who happened to be Prof's friend. They even stayed at his place!!! Wow man. I wouldn't mind that if I were them, hah.
And so, we set off for our journey there. I rested most of the time I think, with Chin Hong talking to me occasionally. He was quite funny, he took my handphone to listen to songs, and said that he loves Jolin Tsai's Hai Dao, heh.
When we reach the boarder of UAE and Oman, we faced some problems. They wanted to check ALL our baggages. Prrrfffth. It is definitely fine if they had electronical scanning x-ray machines, but they didn't! We had to go down the bus, and assist them in opening up our bags one by one!!! There was strong wind there, and can you imagine having sand blowing at you, and having to check through all our bags, making our bags (and for some, the stuff inside) sandy! It was like a typical desert scene man. After some time, they finally realise that there were too many bags to check through, and allowed us to pass.
The initial plan for us was to visit the site of Blue City, a man-constructed city to boost the tourism trade in Oman. But cus of the lack of time, we went to our next destination straight away - Sultan Qaboos University (SQU). Along the way, we picked up KFC to eat...=.=.
It was pretty cool there. Oman is different from the other Gulf countries. They are said to be the only people among the Gulf countries to actually work, heh. They also had this cool Omani hats that the guys wear, a kind of traditional wear found only in Oman.
At SQU, we put up a skid for them. The content was Singaporean, displaying what Singapore is like in culture, religion, education and the other Singaporean quirks. As Kirsty couldn't make it, I was to borrow her Vietnamese dress to wear (you know what was the initial plan? Prof asked me to bring a baju kurung/kebaya...displaying Malay culture...so OMG man. She knows that I'm from Malaysia, that's why. But still!!!). The SQU students (there were both male and female) liked our skid. We had a Q&A session after that.
The ethnic chicsMe (Vietnamese traditional dress), Shiyun (Indian dress...she took it from Mishti), Farah (she was the only one who wore hers) and Kelly (Peranakan dressing, from Elyna)
We talked to the girls there. They were shy at first, but after some interaction, they opened up. :)
I'm so glad that the end of the BSM was reaching. 舍不得, but the intensity of my tiredness outweighed my 舍不得 feelings.
0 comments:
Post a Comment