Now I'm back blogging about my Middle East trip. 2 more days! ;P
Okay now today is the fuuuuunnnn day!! Woohoo!
We started off the day by going to Atlantis - the hotel that splurged USD 1.5 billion on Sept 2008 on their opening. It was a darn nice hotel man...we got an official touring off the hotel (very privileged huh).
The room has 3 levels. It even has a lift inside the room! the first level is the entrance, and had 2 levels below it. This is Atlantis, so they wanted to go in accordance to the theme of the "lost city".

View from the living room
View from the living roomThe last level was the bedroom - it was for 2 people only (I personally think it's not worth the money man). The bed was facing this big fish tank. Imagine sleeping with fish looking at you. =.= Not to mention the occasional divers. They also have this view in the bathroom! Oh, and the bathroom tap was made of GOLD!
View from the bedroom
We went touring the rest of the hotel. Trivia: they have 100 full time in-house babysitters available. Again, payment must be given for usage of service. Oh, and besides that, they have this printing center, catered to business people. Oh, and the most expensive room, the Presidential Suite, is USD 40,000. W/O anything else included. Talk about spurging man.
She's much better at it, hehe
Kirsty & I outside AtlantisAfter that, everyone went their separate ways to experience Dubai. Some chose AquaVenture, a water theme park at the hotel (which cost 200 + dirhams), some Burj Dubai, some the Mall of the Emirates. 3 friends and I chose to go to Burj Dubai. You know, that sail-looking hotel at the sea? That one. Yea, I know, blessed am I. :P
All who were outside Burj - the rest went to Mall of the Emirates
4 of us L to R: Me, Weining, Darrick & Kirsty
On the scooter car to the hotel


Hotel lobby ;)
Having nunn ;)
On the scooter car to the hotelIt is 27 storeys tall. Actually, the architecture inside was a far cry to that of Atlantis. I think that there's nothing much inside to see. Nonetheless, as this was a once in a life time opportunity, we still took time to take pictures. :P

We had a buffet lunch at the first level. They have another restaurant on the 27th level, which has better view, but as it was a Friday, the top level was fully booked. We had seafood + Middle Eastern food buffet. I have to say, the only thing that is worth the value of money eaten inside there is the seafood. Although I don't fancy Middle Eastern food, the food prepared wasn't of quality at all. Heh. Weining ate sooo much crab man. Ooo, and the oyster! Yumyum!
Having nunn ;)Yeah, it cost a whooping 395 dirhams! (equivalent to RM395 =.=)
I'll stop here now. There are a lot of photos already. 看到眼花撩乱. @@ Next: Desert safari! A whole load of fun ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment