What a stark difference in mind set.

Singaporean who did not stay here: Oh, so you would want to stay locally (for the rest of your life)?

Singaporean who stays here: Well, for now, I don't see myself going overseas. I see my ministry in Singapore, I see that there are still people in need of help (who I am able to offer my services to).
Another Singaporean who stays here: Hmm, I have relatives overseas. I think if not for the relationships that are here, with my church friends, family...I might have considered going overseas.

General thoughts of others...
Penangnite who went overseas to study: "May want to further his prospects where he is, cus Penang does not offer job prospects related to what he is studying."
Penangnite cousin who just graduated: "Oh, I'll be going back to Melbourne to try to find a job. Some of my friends are heading over to Singapore to find a job too."

Singaporean who grew up in Penang: ??? (no clue, confused?)