Phew. I'm glad that my week is almost over. I thank all of you. Your prayers have worked wonders. There were many things that happened this week, and it'll literally take me hours to tell you about it. But I just want to thank the LORD for friends who encourage me to pursue Him, friends who are concerned, and friends to hang out with admist all the stress. I'm liking my BSM project mates more and more. =P
I would need to hit the numbers and computer soon. I will trust my LORD to bring me through this!
Anyway, what happened today was that I had an event in school in the morning, and had to reach at 7.30am!! Okay, as usual, I planned myself to be late (I know I know...bad habit. But trust me, I'm better now). It takes an hour for me to reach school, and I left my house at 7am. I was in a rush...nonetheless, I went to the bus stop, and ws glad that the bus came in a few minutes! Haha. In Singapore, we have this tapping system (similar to the trams in Melbourne) where our money gets deducted after we tap the transportation card onto the machine in the bus. But alas...I forgot to bring it!!! I forgot to bring my whole purse. Bleah.
The bus driver wanted me to get down the bus (He didn't verbally say it, but the doors were closing and he reopend them...) And instinctively, I turned to the JC gal standing beside me and asked her whether she could help me pay for my fares. And to my joy, she willingly did!!! Muahaha....I'm really thankful for that, cus I would be late for my event if it wasn't for her...haha. (Ok, I know that I would be late whether or not she paid for my fares, but at least I would not need to walk up the steep slope up to my house to get my purse, and come down that steep slope again...heh).
I think it's the culture that I grew up in...where I know that people would pay for my fares when I forget to bring money. I can imagine myself doing that in the buses in Penang.
About my title, I just have a bad impression on Singaporeans. Bleah. No arguing on my case har, I didn't stay here my whole life, so I'm NOT considered as a pure Singaporean. I'm excluded from the impression that I have on them. I'm just all so hurt and frustrated when I came here 2 years ago...so hurting and surprised to know that the nation that I was proud of turned out to have nurtured people like that...
But yea, after 2 years, I do know that Singaporeans have a hectic life, causing them to be uncourteous at times. I have to admit that I'm very uncourteous here at times too. Heh.
What happened today just proves that Singapoerans are not as bad as I think they are, =).
2 comments:
awww...good for u then!! ;) maybe there are always ppl who stand out in a sea of ppl =) Praise the Lord!
Haha, I love the way you put it. :)
Post a Comment