Now, I shall tell you how I met Ee Lin, my kindergarten friend, back. It was 2 years ago, when I was still in HSC, and she, in SAM. HSC stands for Higher School Certificate, whereas SAM stands for South Australian Matriculation. Both courses are Australia Year 12 equivalent, the different being that it comes from different parts of Australia. Note that we did it in Penang, not Australia. Ok, I'm going out of point. Now...where was I? Oh, ok...I was doing HSC in Inti College, whereas she was doing SAM in Disted College.
We didn't know of each other at all. Around Sept or Oct that year, I was going out with Hun Hao, who's my college mate. We were out at 1 Stop Shopping Centre, just walking around, talking. Hun Hao then called his friend Chun Yeong (did I get the spelling right?), to see whether he was around, or something along those lines. It so happend that he was in 1 stop too, and so, we met him up in CD-Rama in Popular. Before that, Hun Hao told me that there's this girl Ee Lin who would be with Chun Yeong, and I just acknowledge it, without any further thought.
When we met them up, Hun Hao and Chun Yeong were just talking, and Ee Lin and I were kinda tagging along. After around 10 minutes, Ee Lin then ask me the oh-so-known-phrase-between-us: "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" I was thinking for an instant, and I replied:" Er, no." And both of us just shrug it off. We then parted our separate ways that day, with me not thinking anything further.
Around a week after that, I somehow got to know that Ee Lin thinks that I'm her kindergarten friend...I was like "What...I don't think so...". But the thought just lingered in my mind, and I suddenly remembered: She IS my Uplands kindergarten friend!! Oh gosh...after 12 years, she still could remember me!!! I really salute you Ee Lin, for having such a great gift in resembling people's faces and names. You're great! According to Ee Lin, after the bumping into each other that day, she went home and took out our Uplands class photo...and she knew somehow, that she wasn't mistaken. Amazing huh.
But that was just that in 2006...
In 2008, she some how found my blog, and commented on it. Since then, we've been visiting each other's blog on and off, since well, we can't meet up (She's studying Psychology in Adelaide). And I think blogs are a good way of keeping in touch. Of knowing one another's thoughts. Words that you don't express face-to-face, hah.
In Dec 2008, I commented on one of her cheeky Facebook photos, and she replied...by then, both of us were already back in Penang, and so we decided to meet up. However, we met up before our one-on-one meet. We have a common friend, Wai Che, hahaha. And we had a birthday celebration for her, as you can see in the post below. Wai Che was in Disted studying SAM last time, that's how they got to know each other. Oh, how Penangites are connected!!!
After that day, I still wanted to meet up one-on-one with her, cus I know there is sooo much more to catch up on. We can click well, and I wanted to know how she was really doing in Adelaide, or whatever she was up to. And so, we met up 2 weeks ago. =) These are the pictures that we took, hee.
Prosperity Meal with Milo costs RM16?!?! Inflation, ahh!!!
I think we kinda click because we have the same love language...quality time. We show our love to people around us by spending time with them. She loves dinner chats with friends, and so do I. Both of us are sentimental too, (aha! I didn't show it that day, did I, Ee Lin? =P), and since both of us are in uni, we go through similar situations, and relate to each other quite well. (And in other aspects too huh? =P) And yea, I guess it was kinda thanks to Hun Hao that we bump into each other again, haha.
And I know that we definitely will still keep in touch after this, cus we are after all, now, more than just kindergarten friends. =)
1 comments:
awww...an entire blog post dedicated to me! <3
yup, i guess in a way, i thank chun yeong (yeah, u spelt correctly =P) too...if not for him, i wouldn't have bumped into u ;)
hehehehe~ thank God for a good memory! it feels really good to make an extra "old" friend! XP had a great time catching up with u too!!!! couldn't believe we talked for almost the whole day! we should do something fun the next time! =D
well...2009 is already here...i hope that u'll have a terrific year ahead & most importantly, keep in touch, ok?! take care *hugs*
Post a Comment