Happy New Year!!! Some people make resolutions for the new year, some don't. To me it's not that important. This is cus having resolutions should happen throughout your life time, not only when the new year dawns. It should happen whenever you realise that there's something that you want to change, regardless of the time of the year. Nevertheless, you would tend to reflect more on yourself and what has happened when the year end approaches.

Resolution or no resolution, I think a good way to start a new year is to have a nice quote for myself to last through the year. To motivate me to change certain bad habits/characteristics that I am aware that I have. So the quote for the year is...

Many things that we count, do not count
Many
other things that we do not count, count


In life, we are calculative over many things, many things which are unnecessary. We tend to forget to be grateful for the things that we already have...great quote eh? I was talking to my friend's mum a few days ago, and she said that she quoted this verse on my friend's 21st birthday as an advice to him...which I think is quite meaningful. =)

So count your blessings in this new year my dears, and life in 2009 will be more like a bed of roses.