I think it's a period of discovery. I discover that I like Economics more and more, as I think it is very interesting, and applicable to life, albeit the assumptions that the discipline has to make in order to establish theories. And it is interesting to discover that many of the Economic theories (which models perfect societies) do not happen in real life.
SMU life is a journey, where I discover more about the people around me. I now look beyond the reactions of people on issues raised. Rather, I look deeper within and question what made them react that way. It may be due to their background or past experience, values that were inculcated in them by their family, and values that they derive from the environment around them. For example, if a person gets angry at you for saying something, it is probably more than what you said that made ther person get angry, but rather, what you said provoked her values which she holds dearly on to.
Beyond that, I also learn that I am not control of many things. Peoples' reaction, the flow of things, decision made by others...all these things, I'm not in control. And thus, I'm slowly learning to let go of the hold that I have on these things. I thank Hun for reminding me and teaching me this lesson.
Most of all, SMU life is a life of self-discovery. I discover more and more about myself as I tread through the thin and narrow road. There are traps around me, be it anger, fear or lack of empathy. Sometimes, I slip or fall, and get caught in them. It is these times that I suffer, I get so down and weary that I cry to myself, and cry to God. I turn to God hoping to seek comfort in Him. Sometimes, I talk to my friends about it. And I thank God for those friends, who remind me who I am.
Oh, so mighty God! For the God in Heavens is with me, so who shall stand against me?
0 comments:
Post a Comment