Sept 1st: Menstrual cycle begins. Feels bloated. No appetite. Takes some medicine from PL's medicine kit to curb bloatedness.
Sept 2nd: Better, but still feel bloated.
Sept 20th: Irritable, lack of concentration.
Sept 22nd: Very emotional. Starts day-dreaming every 2 minutes.
Oct 2nd: Cycle starts again. Feels like eating every 2 hours. Vomit a little. Feels bloated too.

Yea, these dates are arbitrary, but the symptoms are some what a cycle that I go through in a month. I think I can diagnose myself with pre-menstrual syndrome(PMS). =S

I've noticed a year or 2 ago that I get quite irritable 2 weeks before my menses comes. And it has came to me sub-consciously that I may have PMS. PL says I have PMS...cus she suffers most from my emotional explosions. =P

A newspaper article in "Mind Your Body" wrote on PMS:

"PMS is a mixture of physical and emotional symptoms linked to the menstrual cycle. It is common, affecting about 75% of females of reproductive age. It occurs mostly in teenagers and women in their early 20s.
Common physical symptoms are abdominal distension, headaches and breast tenderness. Psychological symptoms include fatigue, forgetfulness, poor concentration, irritability and depression.
To confirm the diagnosis, the patient has to chart her symptoms daily. These emerge about two weeks preceding menses and resolve completely when menstruation starts. In pregnancy and menopause, when menstrual cycles are absent, patients are completely symptom-free.
...
Women with PMS who did aerobic exercises reported fewer symptoms. Women who have PMS should eat a healthy, balanced diet rich in fruit, vegetables and wholegrain carbohydrates. This promotes good health and a sense of well-being. [It's not just for PMS women wat...everyone needs a well balanced diet =S] "

Wikipedia says this about PMS:

Risk factors:

  • High caffeine intake
  • Stress may precipitate condition
  • Increasing age
  • History of depression
  • Tobacco use
  • Family history
  • Dietary factors
I think my risk factors are 2nd, 3rd and the 6th. The increasing age factor contradicts to what Mind Your Body says though. And my mum is so gonna kill me when she sees that I list risk factor #6 as one of the possible factors. Oh my, I think I am achieving a self-fulfilling prophecy. =S

Maybe it's time to take evening primrose oil, which supposedly helps lessen the effects of PMS. Haha.