Today I went to watch a movie...guess what movie it is?

Hehe. Yea. I know it's teenage-y, but I think what Tai Wei said was right...as you can see what things I take part in, I love music a lot. Especially those with singing. Musicals. Showmanship. Ahhh....

I think besides the great songs and dancing (yes, I like HSM songs =P), the plot is quite good. It reflected what senior year students go through. At least, I can relate my HSC years with what went on in the movie.

It is time for Troy, Gabriella, Chad, Taylor and the other characters in the movie to choose which university that they want to go to after high school. It is then a sudden realisation that high school is just a temporary thing in life, and things have to go on. Will relationships last after the friends depart? A big uncertainty, and something that senior year students have to deal with.

Troy
Loves basketball, but since he got to know Gabriella, it changed his life, and he found his passion for theatre. His dad and best friend, Chad, expects him to take up a basketball scholarship and attend his dad's alma mater. Troy feels confused, as that may not be what he really want. He doesn't want to live out other people's dream, but his own. But what does he really want? He doesn't know.

Gabriella
She's a girl who's far ahead of everyone, having an offer from Standford university. She was even selected for the Freshmen Honours Programme, which is limited to only 30 freshmen. Therefore, she has to leave high school before her graduation, but is relunctant to do so. However, she is resolute to say goodbye, and thus off she went.

Dancing on the rooftop. How romantic!

And I agree with what Gabriella said. Some people are better at saying goodbye.

I won't reveal too much, else I spoil the fun for the rest.

I think each of us went through that stage of life, or have yet to go through it. And I think each of us can relate to some parts of each character in the movie, like how I can relate to Troy and Gabriella's. HSM 3 depicts that decision-making process fairly well, but not all aspects. Parent's point of view still is important, hah. But for those who are in the process of making a decision, I think HSM 3 is quite a good movie to watch, to see how the HSM kids arrive at their choice for their future.

Cheerios!